About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.98 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial financial services through more than 7,400 locations, 13,000 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco, but we’re decentralized so every local Wells Fargo location is a headquarters for satisfying our customers’ financial needs and helping them succeed financially. We do business with 70 million customers and one in three U.S. households. Wells Fargo has approximately 263,000 team members in 31 countries and territories across our more than 90 businesses.
Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2020 rankings of America’s largest corporations.
Wells Fargo Technology
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of the Wells Fargo’s Technology Infrastructure Workforce Experience and Productivity Solutions (WEPS) team. The Technology Infrastructure Executive Leaders are driving reinvention and innovation across infrastructure. To get there, we need top talent to bring fresh thinking to the day-to-day management of the business of infrastructure. Within Technology Infrastructure, the Workforce Experience and Productivity Solutions (WXPS) organizational goal is to improve best in class end user technologies and best practices that are Agile-minded, industry-aligned, compliance-oriented, and focused on the rapid delivery of high-quality, safe products and services which are consumable at scale.
Position and Responsibilities
The Workforce Experience Technology Executive will report directly to the Head of Workforce Experience and Productivity Solutions (WXPS) and lead a cross-functional organization supporting engineering of physical and virtual devices and associated services that enable a user to interact with the enterprise’s technology systems to deliver business outcomes and provide our customers with a world class experience when doing business with Wells Fargo. This position will manage and develop strong agile and dev op practices to provide efficient and effective delivery to meet time to market expectations and cost efficiency goals. This requires the ability to collaborate with Technology CIO and LOB executives, architecture leaders, and engineering leaders to develop and execute end user technology strategies for the LOB(s) while designing and engineering cost-effective solutions, financial management, and strategic resourcing to enable delivery of commitments aligned the strategic priorities.
As a leader, you will develop a strong engineering discipline for physical and virtual devices and associated services, this includes desktops, laptops, mobile devices, virtual desktop environments, surface platform, office in a browser, and mobile thin client technology solutions that support the Lines of Business (LOB) enterprise-wide from endpoint to the infrastructure. Manage and develop senior engineering managers and/or senior engineers in the organization. Hire, manage, and coach top engineering talent. Drive surface planform, office in a browser, and mobile thin client technology solutions development that supports the LOB needs. Accountable to manage software engineering craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of solutions developed by the teams or third-party providers. Motivate the team to identify engineering innovation and improvement opportunities.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Accountable to design, build, and deliver engineering of physical and virtual solutions following strong agile practices, risk governance, and cost management. Passionate about designing and building highly reliable, available platforms to support LOB expectations and Technology strategies. Lead and architect the implementation surface platform which will be the next gen step from VDI.
- Engineering expertise in surface platform, office in a browser, mobile thin client, and cloud technologies to drive the vision in alignment with the Technology Strategy and end user needs.
- Design and maintain surface activities and assist to install all metal builds and templates and prepare scripts for all software development and configuration of surface platforms, office in a browser, and mobile thin client. Manage and prepare reports for all automated processes and deployments on various systems
- Accountable to ensure prioritization of work and to drive the surface transformation in alignment with the strategy and roadmap for surface platform, office in a browser, and mobile thin client. Accountable for communications, metrics, coordination and prioritization of training and development, achievement of tooling and other targets.
- Accountable for quantifying the P&L impact for technologies under management. Must work closely with Technology leaders, CIO partners, Infrastructure peers and executives to accelerate and scale agile and engineering practices, tools, behaviors, and capabilities to achieve financial targets.
- Develop and grow a healthy, diverse team and mentor great engineers and be great role model of a service quality first -obsessed and data-driven engineering leadership.
- Engage with strategic souring and key vendors to identify and implement the right technologies to drive cost effective, scalable, stable, and secure solutions that meet business needs.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 8+ years of experience with strategic planning in technology
- 8+ years of experience with managing software development projects through complete release cycles
- 8+ years of leadership and people management experience in a large-scale technology environment
- A Masters degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- 8+ years of experience with Agile practices
- 5+ years of experience with systems architecture and design
- 5+ years of experience with modern software engineering technologies and tool sets
- 3+ years of managing a 100+ FTE engineering organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with taking software products and services from inception to customer delivery
- Experience with strategic planning, product roadmap planning, prioritization with product management
- Experience with communicating complex topics to customers and business executives alike
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.