Overview:The primary purpose of the Well-Being Fitness Navigator is to serve as the liaison between Symbria Rx Services, Symbria Rehab, and Symbria Well-Being. This role is responsible for coordinating communication between residents and Symbria Rx Services' pharmacists using the Telehealth Kiosk, as well as facilitating communication between our residents and Symbria Rehab's therapists. The Well-Being Navigator demonstrates Symbria's mission, vision, and values while accomplishing our client's goals and objectives for the program.
Responsibilities:FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide education to residents and staff of client communities on the benefits of Symbria's Power of One (combined services including Symbria Rx Services, Symbria Well-Being, and Symbria Rehab).
• Increase program enrollment by actively promoting Symbria's services to potential participants. Implement and coordinate referral mechanisms and initiatives between community departments/Power of One services to ensure appropriate intervention based on program guidelines, especially for residents at risk for falls.
• Complete all enrollment and medical screening processes for each participant according to Symbria Well-Being Operating Standards.
• Schedule and conduct fitness assessments, complete My Fit Profile, and record applicable data into Participation Tracker/HUB on a weekly basis. Coordinate and supervise individual exercise sessions for participants based on current ACSM/AHA guidelines and Symbria Well-Being Operating Standards.
• Working with the Symbria Rehab therapy team, coordinate transition from therapy to Well-Being transitions for residents who will benefit from continued exercise and social opportunities.
• Where applicable, provide appropriate instruction and orientation to participants on proper use of center equipment.
• Update participant goals on a semi-annual basis and provide ongoing feedback to participants.
• Achieve/exceed Symbria's established benchmarks for participant Well-Being utilization and satisfaction.
• Provide appropriate Well-Being program instruction as trained and assigned.
• Provide standardized group exercise classes and specialty programs as appropriate for site commitments.
• Perform physical ability screenings and conduct falls assessments, at a minimum, annually for each willing resident, using provided AI motion detection software and other tools as necessary.
• Act as program liaison to designated client committees.
• Assist in the training and supervision of student interns, as eligible.
• Any and all duties as assigned.
• Complete enrollment documentation for independent living residents interested in using Symbria Rx Services.
• Facilitate communication between residents and pharmacists using the Telehealth Kiosk.
• Assist independent living residents with any pharmacy issues, questions, or education under the guidance of the pharmacy team, using the Telehealth Kiosk when necessary.
• Receive and distribute Symbria delivered medication to either nursing staff or independent living residents, as needed.
• Assist with coordinating delivery of emergency medication dispensed by local retail pharmacy, when necessary.
• Utilize the high-fall-risk workflow to generate requests for therapy orders from a resident's physician.
• Assist with obtaining signed rehab documentation and insurance cards for residents interested and qualified for therapy services.
• Accept requests for therapy and assist with scheduling therapy sessions on the therapy planner, as needed.
Qualifications:To perform successfully in this role, the ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily is necessary. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Minimum personal trainer or group instructor certification required: American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Health Fitness Instructor; American Council on Exercise (ACE), or National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC).
• CPR and first aid certification.
• Strong communication, presentation, time management, and organizational skills.
• Proficient use of technology, including video conferencing; network, laptop, and tablet devices; and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills.
• Obtain Pharmacy Technician License and/or Certification (CPhT) as per State requirements, as needed, based on the business.
• Complete Well-Being program training requirements (within three months of hire).
• Bachelor's degree in exercise physiology or related field.
• Experience in teaching group exercise programs.
• Experience working with older adults with demonstrated ability to improve their overall health and well-being.
Why work for us?
At Symbria our employees act like owners - because we are owners! As one of the few 100% employee-owned healthcare providers, our focus remains on delivering best-in-class services within our Pharmacy, Rehabilitation and Well-Being operations, which allows our clients to improve the lives and well-being of their patients and residents. Our teams utilize insights and analytics to drive better health outcomes for our partnered post-acute and senior living communities while providing them with flexible service options.
Symbria's Core Values drive the way we partner with those clients, their patients and residents and the way our diverse employee-owners work together:
- Integrity - Honest, Fairness and ethics
- Compassion - Commitment to serving seniors
- Stewardship - Maximizing mission and margin
- Innovation - Striving to enhance our value to your organization
- Teamwork - Working together unselfishly toward goals
As an employee-owner, Symbria's success becomes your success. In addition, we provide:
- Competitive pay, aligned with market guidelines
- Full Benefits Package, including very generous paid time off plans
- Professional liability coverage
- 100% employer-funded ESOP retirement plan
- 401(k) and Roth(k) plans
- Continuing education
- Credit union membership
Symbria's Talent Team handles candidate communication directly rather than utilizing outside agencies; if interested in this role, direct application to the job posting and contact with a Symbria talent team member is recommended.