The Work You’ll Be Doing:
- Identify and develop key talent for the Unit, ensuring a talent pipeline is in place; develop leadership skills of managers. Manage/coordinate talent assessment, development, workforce and succession planning. Assist with leadership development programs. Ensure development of all high potential employees.
- Develop and implement organizational and employee productivity improvement strategies. Design organizations and roles that provide organizational alignment and efficiency and provide employees with challenging and developmental assignments. Use metrics to recommend productivity enhancements. Counsel Unit management on change management, motivation, team dynamics, training and learning tools, organization development and organization design changes as needed to meet business objectives.
- Manage, improve and reward employee performance. Counsel Unit management on performance management, training and development, differentiation, and use of rewards and available company resources and programs.
- Build a work culture that promotes high performance, open communications, inclusiveness, engagement and demonstrates the core values of the company. Ensure remote work locations are connected and aligned with company and business unit cultural expectations. Manage diversity planning for the Unit and promote use of CoE diversity programs to maximize awareness. Maximize use of company initiatives on communications and champion Company core values and business objectives.
- Use HR and other staff CoEs for policy and process knowledge and for designing initiatives to support specific business needs. Provide input on talent and workforce capability and implementation of key business HR initiatives. Provide strategic direction and guidance to sites for labor relations to ensure productive relationship with unions. Ensure labor contracts are managed in a cost effective and transparent way. Assist in managing all aspects of the union labor relationship including negotiation of new agreements and strike/dispute prevention strategies. Ensure communications and overall systems and linkages are in place to enable Unit to attract, motivate, develop and retain great talent. Supports staff in partnering with CoEs to achieve desired results. Mentors, supports and facilitates solutions for direct HR reports.
- Serve as a change agent. Anticipate changes in business conditions that challenge the norm and, as needed, lead the Unit through transformation. Support implementation of overall HR initiatives with focus on consistency and common approaches across the Unit. Manage the people aspects of organizational change, and consult with clients on good change management practices using D&Z Change Methodology. Coach clients to apply change management principles and toolkit to important initiatives such as merger integration.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, or Business Administration or equivalent. MS in HR or MBA desirable.
- 10+ years experience – strong labor relations required. Union experience preferred.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or similar
- Must be willing to travel 30%
The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of HR Management with depth of experience in two or more areas of specialized HR. Knowledge of overall HR products and services to deliver solutions to the business. Strong labor relations experience required. Management of remote employee populations required
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Requires complex analytical, technical and/or management capabilities.
- Strong business acumen with an ability to learn, understand and converse around significant business issues including financial drivers.
- Ability to simultaneously be strategic and tactical. Must be able to think strategically and connect HR plans with business results.
- Advanced coaching/consulting, conflict resolution and facilitation skills. Must expertly build relationships and collaborate with Business Unit Leadership Team and HR Leadership Team. Strong Change leadership and stewardship. Strong customer mindset. Excellent ability to communicate across broad constituencies with demonstrated ability to influence throughout the organization.
Must be able to perform the following physical and mental tasks:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery.
- Balancing (e.g. maintaining equilibrium when walking, climbing, crouching, etc.)
- Reaching (e.g. reaching the arms or legs in any direction)
- Repetitive motion of any part of the body.
- Manual Dexterity (e.g. picking, pinching, typing, or other working that uses fingers)
- Grasping (e.g. use of hand to apply pressure)
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time.
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions.
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to express thoughts orally.
- Ability to withstand environmental conditions (e.g. extreme heat or cold, grass, wind, sand, fumes, odors, gases, extreme noise, etc.)