The VP of Finance will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will oversee the preparation and distribution of all periodic financial statements for internal and external use. They will ensure that reports, filings and related documentation complies with company's regulations, professional standards, funding source and GAAP reporting guidelines. They will work as a member of a skilled management team.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements to ensure continued high functioning of the department.
- Provide support and expertise to Vice Presidents, Executive Directors, and Directors.
- Remains up-to-date on best practices in nonprofit finance, business systems and internal control measures, compliance and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations.
- Effectively managing department workforce to keep them aligned, focused, motivated, and high-performing.
- Supports strategic initiatives and assesses accounting impacts
- Assist the CFO in the development of the organization’s and department’s long-range and short-range strategic plan.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Participation in the annual financial audits and other financial reviews for KCC, KCS, and HUD corps.
- Participation with evaluating and recommending technology solutions to ensure the accuracy and increase efficiency while maintaining compliance of financial reporting areas.
- Participation in implementation and testing of the periodic upgrades and updates of related databases as needed.
- Provides ad-hoc and standard analysis, trend reporting, and sensitivity analysis to inform financial management decisions.
- Oversee the budgeting and forecasting process (annually with quarterly updates).
- Directs the preparation and filing of necessary tax schedules in a timely manner, ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
- Oversight, supervision, and training of the Fiscal Reporting Director, Financial Reporting Director, and the Banking and Insurance Director.
- Oversight and generation, maintenance, and running of ad-hoc and pre-established reports as needed out related databases.
- Oversight of metrics and scorecard measures, relating to Fiscal reporting, Financial reporting, Banking & Insurance.
- Meet with other Vice Presidents or Executive Directors quarterly or more frequently if needed to identify needs and to discuss any other financial issues
- Oversight of the preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements. .
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Supervisory chain.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, required, CPA or MBA preferred.
- Seven years of progressive Reporting experience with supervision, required.
- Non-profit reporting experience required.
- Experience with financial applications preferred, specifically PeopleSoft Financial and NVision reporting.