What you will be doing
Under general direction of the Senior Vice President of Corporate IT and Data and analytics, this global leader will be responsible to drive the technology strategy for HR. This leader will have product ownership, implementation, and overall support of the HR Technology portfolio. The ideal leader will have previous experience working with Corporate Applications such as Workday, Kronos, and Degreed. Additionally, the ideal leader will have differentiated skills when it comes to learning agility, relationship management, and a strong track record for delivery.
- Acts as the single point of technology accountability to HR; fully accountable and responsible for the technology delivery, incl. coordinating with other IT areas (i.e., IT Shared Services) outside of direct purview to get single IT view to the business
- Participates in the development of business strategy and planning for the supported business areas and partners with BU leadership for ideation and to inform and contribute to the technology-enablement of business strategy.
- Leads business centric IT team that will closely collaborate with BU to deeply understand business context and help translate business requirements into product features, own product backlog, and prioritize demand as well as ensuring the business is fully leveraging IT services and capabilities to drive value
- Deep understanding of business goals and customer needs, incl. proactively gathering end customer input / feedback and incorporating it in technology roadmap
- Accountable delivery of technology across business areas supported, from requirements gathering / definition, solution design, planning and budgeting, development and production support.
- Accountable for speed, cost, quality and providing transparency into end–to-end delivery process
- Accountable for budget management across functional teams, and coordination of annual planning, run costs, investment strategy with IT and business resources for the areas under their responsibility, ensuring cost-effective delivery. Responsible for partnering with IT Finance to validate accuracy of estimates.
- Supports IT and BU leadership on technology investments, ensuring adequate consideration of business value enabled (ROI) and actively looks for opportunities to enhance efficiency of technology delivery
- Responsible for managing product portfolio, including maintaining the product catalog up to date, ensuring its continuous improvement incl. assessment of business value enabled and potential for decommissioning of applications & establishing and monitoring SLAs and KPIs, ensuring products meet or exceed defined standards
- Managing dependencies across IT and Business teams, ensuring seamless collaboration between all parties to deliver technology in an efficient and sustained fashion.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of industry and technology trends, leveraging this knowledge to help shape business and IT strategy and technology development
- Accountable for the management and career development (coaching and mentoring) of direct reports and for talent management for all associates in their portfolio
- Accountable for monitoring team performance metrics aligned with agreed upon IT standards (e.g. customer satisfaction, employee engagement, quality, productivity, speed to market, innovation)
- Responsible for effective and efficient vendor management, incl. holding parties accountable via formal agreements
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- Requires specific training in fields such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or related field with an IT focus generally obtained through a bachelor’s degree program. Advanced degree or education such as a Master’s degree or advanced certification in Business or Management preferred.
- Normally requires a more than ten (10) years directly related and progressively responsible experience in an IT environment with significant business exposure.
- Experience working with Corporate Applications such as Workday, Kronos, and Degreed.
- Executive-level presence with an ability to build and maintain trust-based relationships with executives
- Exceptional team building, teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication skills focused on the ability to reframe business needs as technology product features
- Strengths in influence and leadership to support building a cohesive, enthusiastic multi-discipline work teams who can apply new skills and techniques to respond to business needs.
- Innovation mindset continually looking for opportunities to improve established products and increase impact for the business
- Previous experience with IT as a Service and continuous improvement methodologies, such as Six Sigma or ITIL preferred.
- Understanding of technology directions, trends and strategic business impact on key client initiatives
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly-complex environment using leading-edge technology
- Strong presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to establish solid relationships with vendors in support of initiatives; ability to negotiate and manage outside vendors and strategic partners against deliverables
- Solid project management skills including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of various diverse scope in a cross-functional environment