Under general direction of Comapany EVP and Chief Communications & Administration Officer, the VP, Executive Management will serve as advisor, consultant and implementer in order to streamline and oversee, plan and support activities within the commercial organization based on the enterprise strategy and priorities of the EVP and Group President.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish strong advisory relationships with EVP and Group President and team based on proven judgement to resolve complex issues, move forward strategic priorities and drive decision making
- Facilitate and support needs of senior staff to raise key business issues with the EVP and Group President and receive needed responses, guidance and decisions
- Responsible for proactively elevating issues that the EVP and Group President should be aware of and framing/positioning ideas to resolve the problem and/or mitigate risk
- Develop a strong understanding of inventory of critical path projects with the EVP and Group President’s office and facilitate coordination and orchestration of projects or commitments to meet business objectives including ensuring accountability of responsible project leaders
- Create and orchestrate an effective “rhythm of the business” including but not limited to timing, cadence, agenda and facilitation of meetings to ensure the business runs smoothly and effectively and outcomes are achieved. Will partner and collaborate with commercial and functional areas to coordinate business processes.
- In partnership with CCAO and EVP and Group President, assist in the development and execution of the Executive Operating Committee meetings
- Participate as a valued lead team member who can offer synthesized business perspectives relevant to influencing key strategic decisions
- Work collaboratively with Corporate Communications and Strategic Meetings Management resources to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the executive communications, meetings and other executive events.
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, strategy, marketing, sales, communications or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year Bachelor’s Degree Program; MBA preferred. Normally requires a minimum of fifteen (15) years directly related and progressively responsible business experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- High degree of technical knowledge of principles in business administration, communications, strategy development and project management
- Ability to understand and strategically interpret business unit goals into guidance and provide senior leadership support for organizational effectiveness and customer experience
- Tactical agility and consultative approach to problem solving with a bias toward delivery and results
- Superior interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate with senior level executives
- Must be highly resourceful, self-motivated, and adaptive to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous detail orientation, with excellent follow through and follow up
- Ability to identify and proactively manage risks to the successful execution of business short- and long-term strategy
- Demonstrated ability in managing teams
- Knowledge of ABC policies, programs & services and products
- Demonstrated history of operating as a business manager
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Strong creativity
- Working knowledge of computers necessary to operate effectively with company systems and programs