We have an opportunity for a VP - Corporate & Legal Affairs at our headquarters in Blackwood, NJ (15 minutes from Philadelphia) or our office in Miami (secondary location). Reporting to the CEO, the VP, Legal Affairs will manage core legal functions for our growing company, supporting the business with a variety of general corporate legal matters such as customer agreements, human resources, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance to the management team on all legal matters relevant to the company, including multi-state personnel law, policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and laws pertaining to the optical industry, real estate transactions, contracts, multi-state tax matters, worker 's compensation, liability and insurance matters, and other laws and regulations.
- Anticipate and identify legal issues and counsel officers of the company in order to develop legal strategies and solutions.
- Draft, review and approve policies and procedures, regulations, bylaws, and other legal documents.
- Draft and negotiate vendor agreements, commercial partnership agreements and services agreements.
- Provide support in strategic transactions such as mergers and acquisitions including coordination among the functional areas of the company as well as external counsel, assisting with due diligence, drafting and negotiating deal agreements, and actively managing deal process and execution.
- Manage relationships with outside counsel, select and retain outside counsel, as required, to obtain legal opinions or to handle claims and litigation.
- The ideal candidate will have a JD degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school and be a member of the state bar.
- 4 to 6 years ' experience in a law firm and/or in-house corporate environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to provide competent legal advice and counsel to senior management team on a wide range of legal and policy issues.
- High integrity, strong work ethic, ability to handle multiple, simultaneous projects with enthusiasm and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the range of applicable laws and regulations which impact the company specifically and the optical industry in general.
- Ability to handle work with tight turn-around timelines with a variety of internal teams.
- Advanced interpersonal, written and persuasive communication skills to effectively develop relationships with a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Consistently provide useful, constructive legal advice that solves problems and furthers business objectives of the company
- Sound legal and business judgment with the ability to make decisions independently.
- Experience working with healthcare companies a plus.