This position is located in Washington, DC.
Visual Information Specialist (video editor) -
This position is located in the Executive Office of the Chief of Police, within the Office of Communications. It is the mission of the Metropolitan Police Department to safeguard the District of Columbia and protect its residents and visitors by providing the highest quality of police service with integrity, compassion, and a commitment to innovation that integrates people, technology and progressive business systems.
This Visual Information Specialist (Video Editor) position is covered under the National Association of Government Employees (NAGE) bargaining unit and you may be required to pay an agency fee through direct payroll deductions.
This incumbent will be responsible for the following:
· lPlans and designs visual information material including printed publications, multimedia, video,photography, exhibits, logos, signs, and certificates, etc. Develops a variety of visual products that depict or present subject matter information or ideas.
· Produces highly complex audio-visual materials that are technically accurate and styled in a high quality and professional manner.
· Plans and designs usable products that contain a blend of camera and video original recordings,and pre-recorded multiple-camera presentations.
· Reviews videos and redacts sensitive and confidential information which requires protection through redaction utilizing redaction tools/software, including video redactions.
· Develops written outlines and scripts for audio-visual assignments.
· Edits visual and audio-visual products.
· Examines and modifies visual products for adherence to MPD policy, directives, and appropriateness of information for intended audiences.
· Ensures all body worn camera recording footage is properly cataloged and can be easily accessed and cross-referenced with case files.
· Reviews recordings to ensure that sensitive footage of victims and innocent bystanders is appropriately modified to protect their privacy and safety.
· Requests and facilitates maintenance of body-worn camera equipment, assists with inventory and asset logistics and assists with logistics of body-worn camera training.
· Operates a computer to enter, retrieve, review or modify data; verifies accuracy of entered data and makes corrections; utilizes word processing, database, or other programs.
· Evaluates and updates current technology in the area of computer graphics and desktop publishing.
· Explains the redaction of sensitive and confidential information.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.