Vice President of Education
This role is with a private equity backed private school system that caters to special/alternative education K-12. This group has gone from 6 locations to 50 in the last two years and they are continuing to build out and acquire. The Vice-President of Education Services serves as an educational specialist and is responsible for aspects of promoting a culture of strong pedagogy, educational initiatives, including but not limited to enacting the organizational mission and vision, driving educational program goals and outcomes, and building and guiding the educational culture.
This role will report directly to the Chief Education Officer.
Location: Remote - Can be located anywhere in the northeast
• Develop an educational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work toward the strategic direction of the organization. Plan for efforts to achieve the strategic outcomes of educational health, growth, and strength in quality.
• Identify and focus on educational improvement strategies, initiatives, and implementations
• Establishes and maintains contact with field professionals to understand issues, trends, and field priorities of the classroom and intervention teams.
• Supervise team in a manner that promotes success, efficiency, and ongoing development in Special and Alternative Education.
• Observes, collaborates, and takes an active role in classroom procedures and management as a coach that develops large scale standards.
• Lead professional development for teachers and staff for improved skills.
• Assist to maintain a culture that embodies the company's values and brings the mission/vision to life. The culture should be characterized by a welcoming atmosphere in which respect, disciplined behavior, challenging work, and high achievement is expected of all students and staff.
• Commit to enhanced educational and behavioral concepts to improve quality and outcomes for student success.
• Develop and implement quality assurance measures and provide ongoing assessment to ensure the provision of quality instruction and services. Assist in creating best practices.
• Develop and implement strategies to motivate staff to meet high performance expectations, to instill high ethical standards, and create an atmosphere of teamwork and motivation.
• Represent the organization to the external community.
• Develop state wide work groups that increase educational scope and standard.
• Provide research-based curriculum recommendations to the schools for enhanced pedagogy.
• Provide coaching, education, and specialized training to the schools for education strategy and resources.
• Collaborate with the Human Resources team to ensure recruiting needs are met, employment legal requirements are in compliance, and ongoing HR administration needs of employees are addressed.
• Involvement and coaching regarding licensure and accreditation protocols for schools.
• Collaborate with CEO/COO/CFO regarding operational excellence and team response to best practice adoption.
• Collaborate with the Marketing Department to increase visibility within the community.
• Behave and communicate in a manner that promotes and fosters a culture of teamwork, cooperation, diversity, inclusion, belonging and respect with all employees, supervisors/managers, community, and visitors.
• Provide consultation on students with complex educational needs and provide resources to educate for success.
• Participate in the development of annual budget and ensure operation with the approved budget, ensuring maximum resource utilization.
• Working knowledge with collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and delivering data with reports and presentations for state-wide initiatives. Create a national presence.
• Be an expert in the organization's educational practices and enhance the national brand.
• Attend conferences and present our schools as a national leader in specialized education.
• Travel to school locations in all identified working states.