As a Product Designer on the M&T Experience Design & Innovation team, you will design concepts, prototypes, and milestone iterations of digital products. You will work on a team with product owners and developers to bring our experience visions to life. In addition, you will collaborate closely with other Product Designers to keep our product experiences aligned.
Location: Buffalo, NY, Wilmington, DE, or open to remote
Contribute to standard design processes, including:
- Envision and design a desired end-state that meets business goals and end user needs/expectations, as informed by research.
- Utilize user-centered design methods throughout the product development lifecycle to define deliverables and bring the experience to life.
- Partner with developers to ensure their awareness of successful user experience standards and industry best practices.
- Explore multiple user-centered design concepts through whiteboard sessions, wireframes and usability studies to gather end user feedback and continually improve the customer experience.
- Work with product owners to define functionality and end user requirements to meet desired outcomes.
- Be part of a team dedicated to a product space as a part of a broader product vision.
- Contribute to product team meetings.
- Support the design and preparation of design workshops using human-centered and design thinking methodologies as part of a cross-functional team dedicated to a specific product space.
- Contribute to user/customer research in partnership with our Experience Research team.
- Communicate decision-making rationale to team members.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The M&T Experience Design & Innovation team is a dedicated team of designers, developers, strategists, and leaders who believe in the transformative power of customer centricity. We believe that focus on craft and advocacy for the customer as truth are keys to building differentiated, innovative experiences. We lead by example — staying curious, doing the work, and challenging assumptions at every turn. We’re bold enough to believe that great design can exist at a bank, and that it can be a catalyst to bettering the lives of our customers and the communities we share with them. Our mission: Combine deep human understanding with the bank’s full suite of capabilities to provide personal, connected, and surprisingly simple banking experiences that help our customers achieve their financial goals.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in UX Design, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or similar, and a minimum of 2 years relevant experience or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 6 years education and/or relevant/product design work experience.
Background in the design/user experience field, preferably demonstrated through an online portfolio
Experience creating use cases, flow diagrams, prototypes, scenarios, and wireframes in the context of product development
Ability to establish strong working relationships with colleagues
Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Adobe, Sketch, InVision, Figma or other similar tools used widely in the design community
Knowledge in industry best practices for desktop, mobile and web applications
Experience with accessibility standards, cross-platform issues, mobile user interfaces and systems-thinking
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Customer Centric – Outside in perspective with a focus on improving the customer experience
- Curiosity – Seeks out ways to improve the customer experience
- Resilient – Respectful of broad opinions and makes tough calls with ease
- Driven & Prioritization – Self-motivated and knows how to say no
- Challenges assumptions
- Decisive & Lead Taking – Sense of urgency with an ability to inspire followers
- Takes ownership with a strong sense of accountability
- Interdependent – Communicates and convenes others; reaches across boundaries
- Continuously seeks out ways to improve
Familiarity with design systems
Experience in financial services industry a plus
Wilmington, Delaware, United States of America