Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Provide financial support to the commercial side of the PGMS businesses and become a true business partner with the business. Support the business with key support on all commercial matters as well as providing challenges to the current ways of working. Work closely with the commercial business to ensure strategic contracts and pricing is optimal for Johnson Matthey.
• Work with the Commercial side of the business to ensure accurate financial forecasts are used for reporting purposes. Provide financial insight for the business and senior management to ensure variances are clearly understood to enable decision making
• Work closely with the commercial team on the 10-year plan. Ensure that the details used accurately reflect the movements within the businesses to provide a robust and realistic set of numbers
• Work closely with the commercial team on the budgeting process. Ensure that the budget is sufficiently detailed and accurate that it can be used across all elements of the business whilst also providing a realistic budget for the business
• Work closely with commercial and supply chain to ensure that the monthly operating report forecast is aligned with the S&OP process
• Provide technical expertise, insight and challenge in order to complete the commercial elements on capital project evaluations to ensure that the business case presented accurately reflects what is deliverable
• Work closely with commercial to support them with their pricing strategy. Challenge established methods and ways of work to ensure that sales revenue is optimised for the businesses. Provide insight on the progress of this to senior manager.
• Establish strong working relationships with the commercial function and provide greater visibility and insight to the finance team and senior management on the financial opportunities within commercial
• To take on any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
• Experience of providing insight and challenge to the business from a strategic and operational viewpoint
• Professional Accounting Qualification or equivalent experience
• Experience of working with large amounts of complex data to provide a concise analysis for senior management
• Several years post qualification experience
• Experience to demonstrate high level of numeracy, working with systems and data
• Knowledge of ERP (SAP) or similar systems
• Experience of working alongside a commercial function to provide insight, challenge and support to established ways of working desirable
• Experience of business partnering across all levels of the business