Responsibilities & Duties of Truss Designer:
- Have a working knowledge of building codes, structural loads, and local building practices.
- Develop a complete understanding of the software that we use to design trusses.
- Perform design activities such as, but not limited to: preparing job quotes, shop drawings, cutting lists, work orders and troubleshooting. Enter specified information into computer software to generate approved design.
- Interpret architectural and structural plans for proper load paths.
- Develop quotes for roof and floor systems. Use computer software to calculate pricing according to specifications of the blueprint or other available data.
- Review design for structural integrity and verify compliance with all applicable building codes.
- Learn company products, procedures, culture, and customer service philosophy.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all customers.
- Attend training sessions to learn and keep current on the programs we use to design trusses.
- Perform additional directly related appropriate duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements of Truss Designer:
- Motivated self starter
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of organizing and prioritizing
- Ability to form strong relationships with customers
- Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and architectural drawings
- High School diploma, Associate's Degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school in; Building Trades Technician, Engineering/Architectural Drafting, Engineering, Computer-Aided Drafting, or related field.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Company is accepting applications and setting up interviews today please reply to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.