WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker’s more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit https://mbakerintl.com/.
Michael Baker International’s Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Supervisor, the Transportation Construction Assistant will monitor and document that the roadway and/or bridge project is being built in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Inspect various facets of work on the construction site
- Take field measurements and perform calculations
- Prepare relevant inspection reports
- Verify that appropriate materials and construction processes are being used
- Ensure that construction conforms to the project plans, specifications, and special provisions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- 0-2 years of experience working in a construction related field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to navigate through company internet based systems
- English language skills, written and verbal, are required in this role
- Possess basic math skills necessary to perform computations for length, area, and volume
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, and procedures
- Availability to work various shifts, including night shift. Overtime is often required.
- Position may require overnight travel. Position is subject to seasonal layoff.
- Ability to sometimes work in adverse weather conditions. Must be physically able to perform moderately strenuous tasks which includes walking along rough terrain, climbing ladders and lifting up to 50 pounds.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.