Title: Transportation Analyst
Location: Camden, NJ
Start date: ASAP
- Accountable for the efficient and effective utilization of all transportation management operations in support of both raw material and finished goods shipping requirements consistent with the company's customer service and cost targets, in partnership with third party Transportation operations resources.
- Accountable for deployment, monitoring and improvement of key performance metrics.
- Monitor and influence overall performance against carrier scorecard goals and expectations.
- Work with ship site location managers to improve logistics operational and performance metrics.
- Assist with the implementation of corporate initiatives and maintain sound policies and procedures.
- Deliver lowest imaginable costs while achieving service objectives and KPIs, strengthen partnerships with both internal and external partners to deliver win/win results.
- Monthly logistics reporting, score-carding, benchmarking and analytics.
- Proactively identify and lead productivity initiatives that generate cost savings, cost avoidance and/or service improvements.
- Question conventional logistical practices and execute programs that leverage our mass to result in lower total costs.
- Accountable for the on-time service and cost goals for a specific set of the business.
Reduce risk and exposure by understanding the complexities of legislation and ensuring compliance: Department of Transportation (DOT), State, Federal and Surface Transportation Board (STB) regulations; including transportation documentation.
- Remain abreast with industry and economic development ensuring communication on issues that may have a national or local impact including fuel indexes.
- Link with other areas of the organization including Procurement, Pepperidge Farm, Supply Chain, Customer Supply Chain, Transplace, and the Field operations. Support product return processing.
- Support studies for new items, new source points or new customer distribution methods.
- Perform what-if analysis and critical thinking.
- Advises management of any opportunities or risks related to departmental expenditures and service issues.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Years of experience - 1-2 years of supply chain related experience; internship or co-op in a supply chain role strongly preferred.
- Experience in transportation a plus.
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills a must.
- Proficient quantitative and analytical skills required.
- Less than 10% travel required.
- Ability to understand industry and economic drivers (commodity (fuel)) trends to develop long term strategies and potential industry capacity issues.
- Familiarity with all modes of transportation and industry best practices.
- Participate on project teams in reviewing and updating policies that align with overall business direction.
- Optimize and propose innovative transportation strategies to deliver the highest levels of service to our customers at the lowest possible cost.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.