Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Associate Development Program (Full Time Hire)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Join the 2021 Associate Development Program today!
As a 2021 Associate Development Program full-time participant with FIS, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success; including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
This two-year full-time program has a start date of January 19, 2021 with a dedicated u201CLearning Weeku201D where you will;
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organization
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
About The Team
MBP is a real-time, multi-currency deposit and loan core banking system. Developed as a single integrated solution, MBP provides a multitude of configurable features designed to meet the unique business and product needs of retail and commercial financial organizations.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be working individually or within a team on the Modern Banking Platform (MBP) implementing projects to meet specific client scopes. You will also work on the following:
- Defines product scope and associated requirements
- Develops subject matter expertise in areas of the MBP solution
- Serves as liaison between client and FIS teams during implementation projects
- Expertly researches and documents requirements related to system design or enhancement need
- Translates business requirements into MBP configuration or alternatively, identifying gaps
- Architects system parameterization to meet functional needs
- Builds MBP expertise coupled with a solid knowledge of banking & accounting to assist & guide client in streamlining processes and procedures
- Documents and performs system configuration with focus on triggering loan & deposit account events (i.e. interest accrual, interest posting, account maturity, loan billing, transaction processing) and in some cases manages system and back office processing (i.e. End of day processing, system balancing, exception reconciliation)
- Creates detailed specifications from which solutions will be implemented
- Analyzes marketplace, industry, technology trends, best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
- Creates and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and desired results
- Assesses available functionality and recommends solutions to team
- Writes test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications meet client needs and application integrity is maintained
- Conducts a variety of tests during project lifecycle such as verification, integration, readiness and acceptance tests. Conducts tests using client data to be certain needs will be met
- Influences clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities, solutions and approaches to parameterization
- Consults directly with clients and may travel to client site
- Mentors, guides, advises less experienced team members
- Plays a key role in educating client on enhancements, new solutions or procedures.
- Serves as pre-sales support specialist when needed
- Assisting Project Manager with risks, issues, and scope as well as helping to manage & set client expectations
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree from job discipline
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of satisfaction for both internal and external clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
Added Bonus If You Have
- Branch banking experience
- Financial services' software implementation proficiency
- In-depth knowledge of FIS products and services and financial services industry
- SQL and data analysis competency
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
**Current and future sponsorship not available for this position**
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.