Michael Baker International has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Specialist II - Transportation to support a variety of transportation projects. You will leverage your engineering knowledge and skills to assist in the preparation of basic studies, construction documents, drawing, maps, reports and supporting documentation and calculations. Depending on your experience, you will use CAD techniques to prepare construction documents.
The successful candidate will become part of Michael Baker International’s Transportation department which includes highway, bridge, bicycle/pedestrian designers, community planners and traffic engineers. Specific duties will include:
- Assist with the preparation of designs, design calculations, technical reports and drawings for highway projects for a variety of clients
- On some days, you will make field visits to project sites to investigate, record, and photograph local conditions.
- Work closely with senior engineers to complete design and/or analysis of roadways, trails, sidewalks and other transportation infrastructure
- Prepare quantity calculations and construction cost estimates
- Use design software to electronically apply engineering fundamentals in construction and right-of-way plan set preparation
- Research/investigate solutions and report findings
- Learn and understand the activities involved in assembling transportation project contract documents
- You will also assist with document preparation for regulatory agencies to obtain required permits.
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited school
- 4-6 years of related highway engineering experience, under a registered professional
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of CADD software; experience with Bentley MicroStation and InRoads V8i Select Series 4 is a plus
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification is preferred
- Experience working on PennDOT, County, or city projects is a plus
- Preferred project experience and/or coursework including: transportation engineering, highway/bridge engineering, bicycle/pedestrian design, water resources/stormwater design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and effective decision making, organization, and editing skills
- Ability to efficiently work independently within a multi-disciplinary team and prioritize project assignments to meet competing deadlines
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT AND OTHER INFORMATION
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. As a covered federal contractor, Michael Baker International is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, and its implementing guidelines. If the federal vaccine mandate is found to be valid and enforceable, this will include ensuring that all covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances where there is a legal entitlement to an accommodation. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.