Are you a finance professional with experience in real estate and construction?
Do you have at least 10 years of experience in finance in a VP or Controller level role?
Ready to be a leader in a growing company in the Philadelphia area?
Let’s talk about your next new career with our client.
Our client is based in Philadelphia who specializes in identifying investment opportunities, particularly in the Philadelphia area. They focus on investing, developing and repositioning of residential and commercial real estate assets.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for managing both the accounting and finance teams for all entities of the company.
- Maintains the financial records according to GAAP and is responsible for overseeing timely monthly close processes for all entities; including monthly account analysis and bank reconciliations, while eliminating inefficiencies within the process.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability, while also identifying cost saving areas for upper management.
- Prepare monthly inter-company account reconciliations to ensure accounts are in balance and settled timely.
- Help to facilitate any new construction billing process to our entities.
- Work with upper management to compile annual budgets and any subsequent financial forecasts, including supporting documentation, assumptions, and analysis.
- Develop and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for management.
- Develop, document and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures as needed.
- Function as the point of contact for outside vendors and financial institutions. Further, be able to evaluate and negotiate line of credit/borrowing requirements as needed.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements; function as liaison with company’s tax accountants for tax return preparation.
- Review profit margins for several properties and create reports to present to upper management.
- Oversee and review the construction pipeline and assist with cash flow planning.
- Lead the development of Yardi reporting structure to match internal reporting needs.
Requirements for consideration:
- 10+ total years of accounting experience; previous 5 years in a manager role (VP or Finance or Controller), in the real-estate/construction industry.
- Experience managing financial operations and reporting for organizations composed of multiple legal entities in which operations and staff cross entities.
- Experience across multiple accounting software; Yardi experience is a plus.
- A commitment to leading a growing team, including the ability to research, develop, utilize, and train others to utilize spreadsheets and accounting software pro-actively and extensively.
- Excellent oral and written communication and information management skills with an ability to effectively communicate with various levels of personnel, including upper management.
- Strong analytical skills and multitasking abilities.
- An outgoing, collaborative style with a demonstrated ability to lead a team effectively.
- Self-motivated, with quick responsiveness and a sense of urgency.