The Senior Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion will lead AmerisourceBergen’s efforts to create a diverse workforce, equitable organization, inclusive culture and make a positive social impact on the markets we serve. This role reports directly to the Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer. The SVP, Diversity & Inclusion will be responsible for partnering with top executives to clarify the enterprise vision for D&I and the strategy to achieve it fully aligned with and enabling the business strategy and purpose. This role will partner closely with the CEO and his leadership team and leaders across HR, Strategic Global Sourcing and Corporate Responsibility to shape the actions, policies and investments needed to achieve the company’s D&I strategy and vision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Enterprise Strategy Development: Lead enterprise efforts to define a clear D&I vision and strategy that enables AmerisourceBergen’s business strategy and purpose. Continually scan the market for evolving trends, strategies, programs and legislation that further shape AmerisourceBergen’s strategy. Thoughtfully integrate these findings into AmerisourceBergen’s strategy and approach.
2. Shape Talent Strategies: Partner with business and HR leaders to develop talent strategies, processes and programs that further our focus to build a workforce with gender representation at every level.
3. Develop Culture: Create strategies and implement actions to create a culture of inclusion and belonging including but not limited to capability building, supportive policies and practices.
4. Community Engagement: Partner with Corporate Responsibility to develop strategies to strengthen AmerisourceBergen’s engagement with charitable organizations and social initiatives aligned to our purpose and guiding principles.
5. Investor Relations: Partner with Investor Relations and Corporate Social Responsibility to understand the investor landscape and ESG ratings and rankings related to diversity and inclusion. Develop strategies and action plans to proactively address trends and requirements.
6. Supplier Diversity: Partner with Strategic Global Sourcing leadership to elevate AmerisourceBergen’s diverse supplier program, increasing support and spend with minority owned businesses.
7. Data and Metrics: Define a framework for measuring enterprise diversity and inclusion. Design the systems and tools needed to support (eg. scorecards, dashboards, etc.) Develop an accountability strategy to drive organizational ownership and individual leadership goals.
8. Enterprise Diversity Council: Partner with Bob Mauch, EVP and Group President to lead the enterprise D&I council in co-development of D&I strategy, initiatives and programs.
9. Employee Resource Groups: Cultivate the enterprise Employee Resource Group Program. Provide guidance and direction to strengthen reach and impact.
10. Employer Recognition: Develop and drive the company’s employer recognition strategy. Direct and manage the application process for major recognition forums and related communications, benchmarking, progress assessment and action planning.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
• 15+ years broad based business experience – operations, corporate social responsibility, procurement, HR, communications, etc.
• 5+ years direct diversity and inclusion experience
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Outstanding strategic and operational competencies. Ability to develop pragmatic business minded D&I strategy and bring to life with strong execution plans and approaches.
2. Highly analytical. Able to draw insights, implications and recommended actions from human capital analytics. Able to develop metrics and accountability strategies from data.
3. High-level of intellectual curiosity. Strong orientation to seek new and different perspective internally and externally. Ability to synthesize learnings and apply pragmatically with a pragmatic disruptor spirit.
4. Outstanding influence and collaboration skills. Able to proactively partner with HR and Business Leaders to develop strategy, solutions and seek feedback to inform continues improvement efforts. Able to navigate and influence and multiple levels of the organization.
5. Strong integration orientation. Able to work through others to deliver outcomes
6. Solid HR fundamentals – recruitment, culture, talent and org effectiveness, performance, change, org development, rewards, employee relations, etc.
7. Strong D&I fundamental expertise and solid understanding of employment law fundamentals