The Supply Chain Engineer Manager-Dedicated Fleet/Transportation will assist in the development of innovative solutions to solve transportation supply chain problems. This position will manage other engineers. Provides regular and proactive communications to customers and NFI management. The successful candidate will possess excellent technical skills and leadership experience combined with demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Works on extremely complex and multi-dimensional solutions for multiple customers
* Applies company methodologies and tools to design transportation operations.
* Establishes and implements performance measures
* Actively supports the sales process and creates high-quality solutions and designs
* Provides proposal and presentation support and development
* Makes Supply Chain strategy recommendations
* Effectively interacts with customers, Sales, and Operations to create value propositions
* Collaborates with Engineering and Operations Managers to implement efficient and competitive solutions
* Manages multiple and complex Supply Chain projects
* Provides resource planning based on priorities and demand signals
* May assist in providing logistics training
* Supervises a team of engineers (hire, promote, coach, development, and performance management
* Collects data and perform statistical analysis
* Maps and documents processes
* Develop responses to Requests for Proposal.
* Provide analytical support for the development of operational pricing and transportation solutions.
* Collaborate with Operations and Sales to define client requirements and solution alternatives.
* Identify and define business process improvement opportunities.
* Recommend continuous improvement opportunities for existing clients
* Work closely with Engineering and Pricing to determine the best opportunities to serve our customers
* Present internal and external solutions to NFI operations and customer leadership
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferred
* Minimum 8 years experience in any of the following areas; transportation management, and dedicated fleet operations.
* Masters Degree preferred
* Knowledge of transportation operations
* Data management and manipulation skills
* Programming skills to manipulate large data-sets
* Experience with routing and scheduling packages and transportation optimization software
* Strong financial conceptual skills
* Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications
* Demonstrated data manipulation skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
* Excellent communications skills.
* Experience preparing and presenting oral and written presentations to management and clients
* Experience with supply chain technology (Appian, JDA, LLamasoft, Manugistics).
* Well organized with high attention to detail and accuracy
* Demonstrated ability to learn technical skills quickly
* Understanding of optimization and