SITUATION IN ORGANIZATION
The Supply Chain Director reports to the Thiochemicals NA Regional Group President, with matrix reporting to the Global Supply Chain Director – Thiochemicals. The position has five direct reports, and five indirect reports, in the combined Supply Chain / Customer Service organization.
The Supply Chain Director has responsibility for both order fulfillment and supply chain for the Thiochemicals North America business, with strong coordination globally for imports from Europe and exports to Europe and Asia. It is a strategic position in which the Director is charged with identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and/or reduce costs, and implementing these projects.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead Supply Chain operations for Thiochemicals plants, tolling operations, and import of product, including: (30%)
- Deliver the regional supply chain vision and strategy
- Support the global needs of the business to maximize margins and profitability
- Provide leadership of the SC organization and drive the globally integrated strategies for the regional supply chain through optimized working capital and logistics expenditures within the defined customer segmentation and rules to serve
- Through the creation of a Customer Service Offer, influence commercial team in the resolution of constrained supply among the customer base, particularly at the global level
- Drive the regional optimization of logistics planning and execution in alignment with the global strategy, including fleet sizing, budgeting/control of fixed and variable costs, and 3rd party service contracting/management.
- Define a strategy for tolling operations and logistics services consistent with the supply chain strategy and cost objectives
- Champion the REACTS (and regional equivalents) transportation safety incident reporting process
- Take an active role in Business Leadership Team and be strategic partner to the business leader and the team
Lead the regional and global SOP/ SOPE processes, including ensuring the effectiveness and integration of the regional processes: (30%)
- Identify and resolve key issues and imbalances, including production capacity, fleet/transportation needs, sales deviations, raw material supply issues, etc.
- Evaluate capacity parameters to assess manufacturing and tolling capabilities to meet demand projections. Balance production globally to optimize cost, inventory, and service performance.
- Implement the strategy for inter-regional transfers, and the related transportation/equipment requirements. Partner with manufacturing and tolling sites to improve production scheduling and raw material procurement
- Monitor the accuracy and bias of regional forecasts; drive root cause/corrective action as needed
- Develop and track appropriate metrics to drive results and continuous improvement and drive the overall efficiency of the supply chain
- Align the regional distribution strategies, fleets and storage facilities with the global strategy/plan
- Ensure domestic and global transportation is strictly in line with safety and security regulations
Lead Supply Chain initiatives/projects to support business and process improvement, including digitalization: (30%)
- Lead and build consensus of the Thiochemicals Service Offer. Align service offerings among the regions to the extent practical and monitor adherence, performance, and financial impacts
- Align with business leaders and negotiate swaps and trading opportunities, particularly inter-regionally
- Accountable for the implementation of new product flows and distribution patterns regionally and globally
- Drive the implementation and continuous improvement of digital initiatives, reporting, and process/performance improvement.
- Define targets and track progress against Supply Chain KPIs
- Champion the implementation of processes and tools for improved inter-region activities, evolving the model from regional purchase/buy interactions to a global integrated distribution team
- Drive the adaptation of tools by the broader organization
Talent Management and Development of team (10%)
- Active involvement in talent management process to attract, develop and retain talent in alignment with the organizational strategy and needs of the business.
- Develop overall supply chain talent via cross training, work assignments, formal education, and mobility for succession planning and identify cross discipline talent for supply chain roles
- Support global teamwork via group initiatives, management meetings, communications and cross functional assignments
- Manage directly Regional Supply Chain / Customer Service team
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
This position is based in King of Prussia. Less than 25% travel is expected
- This position is a focal point for the business and manufacturing, and works as a liaison between Global Supply Chain, Business Managers, Customer Service, Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing, Finance, Marketing, Regulatory, Third Party terminals, warehouses, suppliers, competitors and carriers, etc. to optimize all aspects of the regional supply chain
- This position leads necessary activities to ensure the operating plans can be executed and meet the commercial demands, and lead activities to resolve problems that do occur
- Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements
- Participates in HES activities provided by site management and Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.)
- Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS/WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, or Technical field, MBA Preferred
- 10 years of direct supply chain experience preferred; 5+ years supervisory experience
- Experience in Transportation Management Systems required
- Forecasting (Picaso preferred) and performance measurement/management software knowledge required
- Experienced in Power BI Dashboards
- SAP including MM/PP, SD and F&P
- Extensive experience with implementation and use of performance metrics
- Logistics and DOT experience/knowledge required, HAZMAT preferred
- Understanding/management of working capital
- Process Mapping Experience required, process mapping software experience a plus
- CSCP/SC Certification preferred
- Experience and demonstrated achievement in driving change and continuous improvement
- International business experience preferred
- Chemical Industry experience preferred
- Planning, financial and contract management
- Solid understanding of manufacturing, transportation and warehousing
- Strategic thinker with competency in execution in global scope
- Understanding of the market dynamics relating to the chemical industry and Arkema
- Understanding of the relationship between ERP workflows and physical processes
- Supply Chain strategy development and application
- Creative problem solving skills. Process improvement expert
- Advanced understanding of business operations and process optimization
- Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- The ability to work with global teams
- Strong change management skills
Building on its unique set of expertise in materials science, Arkema offers a portfolio of first-class technologies to address ever-growing demand for new and sustainable materials. With the ambition to become in 2024 a pure player in Specialty Materials, the Group is structured into three complementary, resilient and highly innovative segments dedicated to Specialty Materials - Adhesive Solutions, Advanced Materials, and Coating Solutions - accounting for some 80% of Group sales, and a well-positioned and competitive Intermediates segment. Arkema offers cutting-edge technological solutions to meet the challenges of, among other things, new energies, access to water, recycling, urbanization and mobility, and fosters a permanent dialogue with all its stakeholders. The Group reported sales of €8.7 billion ($9.7 billion) in 2019, and operates in 55 countries with 20,500 employees worldwide.
The diversity of its employees is an asset that the Arkema group wants to preserve. Its non-discrimination policy applies to recruitment, salary levels and career management. The Arkema group is committed to ensuring diversity among its employees.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Supply Chain, Genetics, Manager, Supply, ERP, Operations, Science, Management, Technology