OPENINGS NOW - CHANGE CAREERS - FREE TRAINING - OPEN SCHEDULE
Full Time and Part Time work available.
Are you ready to make an impact on education? Do you want to work for a company considered one of America's Best Large Employers of 2018 and 2019 by Forbes Magazine?
A substitute teaching or instructional assistant position with ESS may be the opportunity you're looking for!
When a teacher is absent, a qualified substitute is needed to carry out the educational program. As a substitute teacher, you'll become an integral part of a school's educational team, amplifying your teaching expertise while maximizing the learning experience for students!
An ESS substitute teacher assists with classroom instruction in the absence of a regular teacher. This person follows and teaches lesson plans, aids students in understanding subject matter, and ensures that regular classroom routines are followed.
Instructional Assistants (Paraprofessionals) work under the direction of the classroom teacher to provide extra support to students with special needs, promoting maximum academic and personal growth. They are also known as paraprofessionals, school aides, teacher assistants, instructional aides, one-to-one aides, and more.
- We offer benefits - medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more!
- You'll receive training and ongoing support
- Employee discount program and bonus opportunities
- Our partner districts routinely hire our substitutes for full-time teaching positions
- We have hundreds of local daily substitute opportunities available when you're not in a long-term role - you can use our system to accept the jobs you want 24/7 by phone, internet, or text message
Responsibilities of a Substitute Teacher
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher is absent
- Review and implement regular teacher's routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Report any student injuries, illness, and serious discipline problems to school administration
- Perform other duties as directed by school administration
Responsibilities of a Instructional Assistant
- Provide instructional reinforcement for individual students or small groups of students
- Assist teacher with classroom management and general supervision of the class
- Assist with administrative duties such as setting up equipment and preparing materials
- Supervise students in the cafeteria, schoolyard, specials, hallways, on field trips, and/or during before and after school programs
- Attend to students' physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs
- Support students with special needs by following provisions specified in their IEPs/504 Plans
- Perform other duties as directed by the classroom teacher and school administration
- Substitute Teacher: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Instructional Assistant (Paraprofessional): Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Standard clearances and health forms will be required before hire
Learn how to get hired with ESS:
As leaders in the education staffing space since 2000, ESS specializes in placing qualified staff in daily, long-term, and permanent K-12 school district positions including substitute teachers, school aides, and other school support staff. With more than 800 school district partners throughout the US, ESS supports the education of more than 4.5 million students every day. We provide our employees the ability to work in school districts across the country in addition to benefits, comprehensive training, flexible work schedules, and professional development. Visit ESS.com to learn more and help to improve education for every student, every day.
ESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.