Here's the thing about challenges. They provide limitless opportunities for greatness. And what we have in mind for you is definitely big. At UnitedHealth Group, we're changing the future of health care and we have the expertise, advanced technology and global resources to make it happen. As a Senior Business Analyst, you'll work with the brightest minds in the business and find yourself digging deep to find the solutions to help people live healthier lives. You'll be responsible for analyzing, reviewing and forecasting data for operational and business planning to impact the health care system. What could be more satisfying than that? Join us!
We have an opportunity for a Strategic Planning & Analysis Analyst to work with our Workforce Effectiveness team to maintain and execute on the Workforce Vision of “Enabling UnitedHealth Group contact centers to become a Competitive Advantage for our company."
As an SP&A Analyst, you will grow and develop as you conduct and manage outcomes of various studies. You will be challenged to seek out opportunities to create consistency and efficiencies across all areas of Front Office Workforce and Planning. As part of this elite team, you will be empowered to impact the health care system through the analysis and interpretation of data, and presenting recommendations for business solutions. Join us! There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create consistent utilization of tools, standardized processes and cohesive reporting across Front Office workforce and capacity planning
- Collaborate with all levels of workforce groups/leadership to identify gaps and emerging needs
- Drive toward forecast/financial accuracy goals and objectives
- Drive a culture of root cause analysis, with a focus on removing variation from the system and removing defects from processes
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively identified solutions
- Provide insight into areas of opportunity on metrics and / or the efficient use of resources using data
- Plan, prioritize, organize, and complete work to meet established objectives
- Analytical skills
- Advanced statistical analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Superior negotiation and relationship management skills
- Strong problem solving skills that enable quick identification and efficient resolution of issues
- Be a strong change agent and resilient to roadblocks
- Solve complex problems on own; proactively identifies new solutions to problems
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in service operations center, call center or Workforce Management
- 2+ years of experience with Workforce Management software (such as IEX, Aspect, Workforce Management IEX, Blue Pumpkin)
- Advanced understanding of analytic and presentation tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- 2+ years of experience leading or managing projects
- 1+ years Statistical Analytics experience
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Undergraduate degree
- 3+ years of experience working in systems administration, logistics, demand planning, or reporting
- Understanding of call center systems telecom hardware (PBX, ACD, IVR), call software tools and / or programming requirements (CMS modifications, vector scripting)
- Proven track record of identifying defects and process variation, and working to improve processes and reduce defects (Six Sigma, Lean methodologies)
- Experience scheduling, conducting planning meetings, and managing capacity
- Health care industry experience
UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 7 company that offers a broad spectrum of products and services dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making health care work better for everyone. Be part of the team. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Strategic Planning & Analysis Analyst, Strategic Planning, Strat Planning, Analysis, Service Operations Center, Call Center, Workforce Management, Statistical Analytics, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote