Ref ID: 03720-0011996708
Classification: Staff Accountant
Compensation: $50000.00 to $56000.00 yearly
Robert Half is looking for a Staff Accountant for a permanent opportunity. The Staff Accountant will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. Throughout the monthly close, you will also be responsible for various aspects of internal reporting. You will lend your skills to developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. This is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity in the Philadelphia area, at a company where effort is rewarded.
• Work extensively with internal departments to track company spend on a monthly basis
• Analyze event expenses to ensure costs remain within budget and are accurate & complete for reporting purposes.
• Assist Senior Manager and department heads in preparation of annual budget for indirect expenses and meet monthly with each group to update forecast for future periods
• Maintain an accurate and complete asset listing by keeping track of construction in progress by project, record the cost of fixed asset acquisitions, record depreciation expense, and account for disposal of fixed assets.
• Ensure that balance sheet accounts are accurately stated and reconciled to the general ledger.
• Research variances, determine root causes, and make adjusting entries when applicable. Develop automated processes to create efficiencies within the accounting department and throughout the organization.
• Interpret data, analyze results, and monitor continuing reports using tools such as Excel and Tableau.