Sr. UI/UX Designer
Davenport, IA, USA ● Virtual Req #5113
Friday, October 15, 2021
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of local news and information, and a major platform for advertising, with daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products and over 350 weekly and specialty publications serving 77 markets in 26 states. Lee's newspapers have average daily circulation of 1.2 million, and their digital products, including acquisitions, reach more than 44 million unique visitors.
Lee Enterprises is looking for a qualified candidate to lead the UI/UX Design for all of Lee’s web properties and sophisticated web projects. This Sr. UI/UX Designer is strategic, articulate and organized, as well as a team player. Primary responsibilities of the Sr. UI/UX Designer will be to find out how users consume news digitally, how they interact with content and how to lead the customer to conversion – and will use this information to create user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, the voice of the customer, user journeys, and analytics findings.
The Sr. UI/UX Designer will also collaborate with our Brand & Strategic Marketing, Content, Digital and Product development teams to produce high-fidelity visual design for positive customer experiences. This role sits within the Audience Development focus and reports to the Director of User Experience.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Illustrate design ideas and user journeys as required using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to the development team, adhering to established standards and guidelines
• Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and appear
• Design engaging and responsive landing pages for Lee’s digital properties with a mobile-first approach and UX experience in mind.
• Design and perform tests (A/B, multi-variate) on user interface elements such as call to action(s), layouts, target links, landing pages and banners.
• Ensure design elements cross through with stability across devices i.e. desktop, mobile, tablet.
• Support logo and brand Identity development, along with thorough style guides management for all of Lee’s digital properties
• Working collaboratively with product development, brand marketing, and acquisition/retention teams on various concepts and requirements, delivering creative assets that meet everyone’s needs
• Experience in requirements gathering; comprehensive wire-framing with annotations/error handling and user handling by browser, device and platform; design information architecture
• Analyze and synthesize difficult design challenges into 'simple' and practical design solutions that are grounded in user research and data
• Take ownership of existing layouts, and foster new and creative design ideas while maintaining company brand standards
• Collaborating with other designers, agencies, and other outside resources in the production of creative assets
• Providing expertise in digital design, typography, layout, and aesthetics of all creative assets
• 4-7 years of related work experience in interaction design, user interface design, or similar role with a focus on performance marketing
• Up-to-date knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, and common wireframe tools (i.e. – JustInMind, Figma, Sketch, etc.)
• Solid understanding of digital design issues, including mobile first design, page speed optimization, and cross-platform compatibility
• Solid foundation in design, typography, color theory and layout
• Ability to build to code responsive, fluid and static HTML pages
• Ability to resolve cross-browser compatibility issues
• Proven working experience in web design and/or a portfolio showing work that has been developed with strong visual design capabilities
• Proven ability to collaborate with design, development and marketing disciplines
• Must understand modern design concepts and standards and enjoy researching the next trends in both
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is the nation’s fourth-largest provider of high-quality local news, with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We respect and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Pay Type Salary