MES Senior/Lead Engineer
If you are an experienced MES engineer looking to work with a team of MES specialists at some of the most innovative manufacturing and pharma manufacturing companies in the world, this position should interest you. Our Emerson Life Science global team of MES engineers currently work on projects for customers involving Cell and Gene therapies, chemical synthesis, biopharma, and other Life Science areas.
We are actively helping our customers to bring products to market with efficiency through accelerated product release through deviation management, process enforcement, ensuring record completion, and real-time equipment/material verification. Our teams also deliver high value system integrations to ERP, LIMS, CMMS, and control systems – including Emerson’s own, industry-leading, DeltaV DCS, as we deliver value with our Syncade MES platform.
AS AN MES SENIOR/LEAD ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Proactively develop customer relationships; anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs giving high priority to customer satisfaction
- Architect and lead the implementation of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and system integration solutions projects
- Plan and organize the work of a project team, develop the implementation strategies for projects, act as a mentor for individuals within the group, and resolve issues within project teams
- Conduct workshops to analyze user requirements to define functional requirements for MES solutions through client interviews and documentation analysis
- Develop detailed designs, implement, troubleshoot and test Syncade MES solutions that meet client requirements following Quality Management Standards
- Develop documentation including creation of test scripts required for validated facilities
- Develop and improve processes, procedures and tools used in the execution of projects
- Act as a liaison between the internal project team, internal management, sales and customer project teams and management
- Understand the project scope and financials, and participate in the framing and quoting of projects to ensure successful project execution
- Start-up complex systems at customers’ plants
WHO YOU ARE:
You establish and maintain effective customer relationships. You push yourself and help others achieve results. You create teamwork allowing others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. You effectively communicate in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. You readily learn and adopt new technologies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS degree with minimum of 5 years overall experience, with minimum of 4 years MES project experience
- MES project implementation experience in the batch process industry including workflows, equipment management and materials management
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as both a leader and an individual contributor
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with others from all levels
- Experience in at least one computer language in a regulated environment
- Experience with SDLC (Waterfall/Agile)
- Experience working with customers to create user requirement/functional specification
- A minimum of 25% travel is expected with this position. Travel will be mostly domestic, but some international travel may be required
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- MES project implementation experience in a Life Sciences including workflows, equipment management and materials management
- ERP or Quality Systems integration
- Knowledgeable in FDA validation requirements including: User Requirement and Design Specs, Business Process Procedures, Design Reviews, Requirements gathering,
- Experience with regulatory/compliance documentation and procedures is a plus
- Experience with .NET technologies preferred
Commitment to Support Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world in which we live. Learn More
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].