If you are a LIFE SCIENCES INDUSTRY CONSULTANT professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! You will be responsible for developing, executing, and supporting Life Sciences industry strategies to drive penetration of Emerson Solutions and technologies including application-specific programs in the Life Science industry segment, resulting in profitable growth for Emerson Process Management. Preferred locations are Austin, TX; Royersford, PA; or Irvine, CA; however, location is negotiable depending on applicant's knowledge and expertise, proximity to established Life Sciences customer locations, ability to travel, and ease of access to any local Emerson office worldwide.
This individual must be able to analyze clients’ needs, business objectives, and challenges to define a solution roadmap that meets objectives and present an impactful value message to the client’s business and technology leadership. The consultant is responsible for leading the efforts for identifying, sizing, integrating, pricing / costing, justifying, presenting and defending total project approach and scope.
Duties include leading high-level customer discussions in support of digital transformation maturity assessments, strategic visioning, benefits analysis/justification, front end engineering design (FEED) studies, solution architecture, project planning, process verification, estimating, scheduling for validated pharmaceutical / biotech operational excellence projects (including but not limited to Distributed Control System (DCS), Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Process Knowledge Management (PKM), Predictive Analytics (PA), and Process Analytical Technology (PAT)) related projects and solutions.
The candidate must be versatile, passionate, self-motivated and a self-starter and have excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills as well as have demonstrated “consulting” experience and solution selling skills. The Candidate should have good collaboration, tenacity, follow-through, organizational, and prioritization skills. The individual should be capable of working with a minimum of supervision and providing project guidance to clients, engineers, technicians, and 3rd party contractors.
Expected travel is variable based on global client needs, approximately 50%.
Key Areas of accountability:
- Independent and team work on studies and projects
- Strategic Account and Project Pursuit support
- Represent Emerson’s Life Sciences vision to both external clients and internal Emerson teamsDevelop Subject Matter Expertise in several of the following areas: DeltaV DCS, Syncade MES, PAT, IT / network infrastructure in manufacturing environments, IIoT, Analytics, the Digital Plant, emerging therapeutic areas and manufacturing modalities (e.g. Cell/Gene Therapy, Continuous, Single-Use, etc.), sales and project pursuit, sales force and customer education
- Become an industry vertical liaison from the Life Sciences Consulting Group to cross-business units for product marketing and world area support
AS A LIFE SCIENCES INDUSTRY CONSULTANT, YOU WILL:
- Define and execute studies which evaluate customer’s plans, needs, and current state and subsequently define the potential solutions to meet their needs. Studies may include maturity model assessments, feasibility analysis, business case / ROI development, conceptual design, options analysis, supplier evaluations, operational excellence, etc.
- Work with clients to define and architect life sciences industry solutions for projects spanning the ISA-95 hierarchy which may include digitalization, analytics, instrumentation, DCS, MES, PAT, PKM, and/or PA solutions. Consultant should be able to identify solutions and work with other consultants, engineers, or technical specialists in areas where they have less expertise.
- Define requirements for industry solutions through client interviews and documentation analysis
- Work with project teams to ensure requirements for computer system validation are incorporated appropriately
- Provide project execution leadership and mentor fellow project members
- Quickly learn new skills and technologies
- Work effectively at different levels within project teams, client organizations and sales
- The successful applicant will be able to work with clients to justify, define, and architect solutions across the Life Sciences product lifecycle. The incumbent will demonstrate the ability to continuously learn and apply emerging trends and technologies within the industry and develop relationships as a trusted advisor with clients. The consultant must be able to develop expertise in new domains as the industry landscape evolves. In assessing the current state and developing a roadmap, the consulting services will often span the business and enabling capabilities across the Biophorum Digital Plant Maturity Model:
- Manufacturing Execution and Process Automation (MES, DCS, PLC, PAT, data management)
- Manufacturing Support (scheduling, maintenance management, utilities, environmental monitoring, etc.)
- Lab and Quality Systems (lab execution, lab notebooks, DoE, CPV)
- Supply Chain (ERP, material handling and distribution, capacity analysis and planning, CoC/CoI)
- People (change management, implementation planning)
- Analytics (Data management, aggregation, contextualization, decision support, predictive)
- Systems Integration (S95, systems models and architectural frameworks)
- IT Security & Operations (data integrity, cybersecurity, network architecture)
- BS Engineering or Computer Science 8 years related experience; OR MS Engineering or Computer Science 7 years related experience; OR BS Biology 9 years quality, batch record, or batch release experience with/including 3 years automation/automated solutions experience
- 5 or more years of Life Science Industry experience in general plant manufacturing, quality, or engineering
- Project / Technical Leadership experience >5 years
- Life Science Industry quality leadership experience >5 years including the application of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) within a manufacturing operation.
- Document Control and Management experience within Pharmaceutical / Biotech facilities
- Experience with requirements analysis, design definition and implementation of software solutions above the manufacturing floor (emphasis in biotech/pharmaceutical sites preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Capable of handling multiple problems concurrently, prioritizing appropriately and keeping stakeholders informed
- Knowledge of several of the following with deep knowledge expected in at least one area: Distributed Control Systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Enterprise Resource Planning systems, LIMS, Technology Transfer, Document Management Systems, Deviations Management Systems, and Analytics packages
- Skilled use of Microsoft -Excel, Word, Power Point, and Project
- Ability to travel approximately 50% (domestic and international)
- Legal authorization to work in the United States