If you are an experienced LIFE SCIENCES INDUSTRY PROFESSIONAL or CONSULTANT looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! As a SR LIFE SCIECNES INDUSTRY CONSULTANT will be responsible for leading the development of digital plant strategies to solve Life Science clients’ challenges utilizing Emerson Solutions and technologies.
Proximity to an airport and client base are considered for location, but you are preferably based out of one of our regional offices (Austin, Durham, Philadelphia, Irvine). You will analyze clients’ needs, business objectives, and challenges to define a comprehensive solution roadmap and present the value message to the client’s business, manufacturing, and technology leadership.
Successful consultants are experience in the Life Sciences industry and are skilled at leading high-level customer discussions to support digital transformation maturity assessments, strategic visioning, benefits analysis/justification, solution architecture definition, and project planning for validated pharmaceutical / biotech operational excellence projects, which may include a variety of technologies such as Distributed Control System, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Process Knowledge Management, Predictive Analytics, Data Lake, Process Analytical Technology, and Real-Time Manufacturing Scheduling related projects and solutions. Additionally they are self-motivated and have excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills. Working across the broader Emerson Automation Solutions organization, consultants have good collaboration, tenacity, organizational, and prioritization skills. They are capable of working with a minimum of supervision and providing project guidance to clients, engineers, technicians, and 3rd party contractors. Travel to various client sites for is required; expected travel is variable based on global client needs, approximately 50%.
AS A SR LIFE SCIENCES INDUSTRY CONSULTANT, YOU WILL:
- Define and execute digital plant studies which evaluate customer’s vision, strategy, challenges, and current state to subsequently define the potential solutions to meet their needs. Studies may include maturity model assessments (e.g. BioPhorum Digital Plant Maturity Model), feasibility analysis, business case / ROI development, conceptual design, options analysis, operational excellence, etc.
- Work with clients to define and architect life sciences industry solutions for projects spanning the ISA-95 hierarchy which may include digitalization, analytics, instrumentation, process control, manufacturing execution, scheduling, process analytical technology, process knowledge management, data lake, real-time release, analytics solutions, and/or other emerging technologies (typically manufacturing and equipment related) including integration to other systems such as supply chain, quality systems
- Collaborate with other consultants, engineers, or technical specialists for possible solutions in consulting engagements
- Work with project teams to ensure requirements for computer system validation, data integrity, and cybersecurity are incorporated appropriately
- Continuously learn emerging industry trends and therapeutic areas (e.g. Continuous, Single-Use, Cell/Gene Therapy, etc.) to apply to consulting engagements
- Participate in appropriate industry events and forums
- Collaborate across the business units to influence product direction and provide input on industry marketing tools
WHO YOU ARE:
You consistently apply a business driver focus when prioritizing solutions. You find and champion the best creative ideas and actively move them into implementation. You facilitate an open dialogue with a wide variety of contributors and stakeholders. You articulate messages in a way that is broadly understandable. Your life sciences manufacturing industry knowledge is used to build instant credibility with your clients.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS Engineering, Computer Science, or Biology 30 years related experience; OR MS Engineering, Computer Science, or Biology 20 years related experience
- 5 or more years of Life Science Industry experience in general plant manufacturing, quality, or engineering including the application of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) within a manufacturing operation
- 5 or more years of Life Science Industry experience in automation or information technology
- Project / Technical Leadership experience >5 years
- Document Control and Management experience within Pharmaceutical / Biotech facilities
- Experience with requirements analysis, design definition and implementation of software solutions above the manufacturing floor (emphasis in biotech/pharmaceutical sites preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Capable of handling multiple problems concurrently, prioritizing appropriately and keeping stakeholders informed
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge of several of the following with deep knowledge expected in at least one area: Distributed Control Systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Enterprise Resource Planning systems, LIMS, Technology Transfer, Document Management Systems, Deviations Management Systems, and Analytics packages
- Skilled use of Microsoft -Excel, Word, Power Point, and Project
- Ability to travel for routine, short-duration (engagements are generally several days to two weeks) with approximately 50% (domestic and international) travel expected
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].