Job ID: 19897
This position will report directly to the Plant Manager in Superior Tube with a strong tie to the Specialty Metal Products (SMP) Business Unit HR Director. The Sr. HR Manager will be one of the key people on the STC plant leadership team and SMP Business Unit HR leadership team. The successful candidate will focus on adding value in all areas where HR subject matter expertise leads to superior business results.
The person is the sole HR resource on site in Collegeville, PA for a plant of 170 employees on a multi shift schedule. This candidate must be a visible leader in the offices and on the plant floor.
In addition to HR leadership, the successful candidate will execute all HR transactional processes such as talent acquisition, attendance management, HRIS management, performance management, new hire training, onboarding, etc. This is a role for a business leader who can execute change and add to business results.
This position requires someone who is results driven, is comfortable operating with high expectations and accountability and strives to contribute to areas of the business outside of HR. The successful candidate will welcome the blend of hands on, front line HR work and strategic planning.
Finally, the successful candidate will be a driver of relationships and strategies to work with the local bargaining unit at the Superior Tube site. Improvements in business outcomes with the union will be an important measure of success.
• Deliver efficient and effective HR processes for staffing, training, appraising, rewarding, promoting and managing employees
• Utilize recognized process improvement tools to eliminate waste in existing practices and institute standard work
• Drive the process that attracts and onboards top talent and future leaders.
• Anticipate areas to coach and counsel managers and supervisors on HR related matters
• Lead Labor Relations execution
• Develop, recommend and implement HR policies and procedures that are cost effective and resource efficient
• Drive key HR metrics that measure the effectiveness of HR processes within the plant.
• Measure employee morale and determine methods for improving overall employee satisfaction.