IDL has a new opportunity for a Senior Graphic Designer to work on a remote as-needed basis. The focus of this job is on producing high-quality, detailed work. Precise, consistent output is essential requiring patience and a willingness to handle complex tasks that are completed on time. The Senior Graphic Designer applies knowledge and expertise to effectively communicate customer needs through artwork and products. This role is responsible for ensuring that graphic design intent is met on behalf of the client. The Sr Graphic Designer focuses on inception creation and verification and validation that key strategies and deliverables are being maintained on time and within set billing and client changes. Consistent, error-free work based on defined regulations and standards are key measures of job performance success. The job environment promotes steady, methodical work output so that job routines can be completed on time and error-free. This position is designed to develop a valued technical expert, who can deliver quality work on a consistent basis.
If you are a Graphic Designer that is open-minded to gig work, keep reading and click "Apply Now" for conideration.
- Reads, interprets and designs visual communication deliverables.
- Consults with team on artwork or product plans, vision, layout and production.
- Utilizes graphic software to design and produce finished artwork or products.
- Interfaces directly with the customer to edit and revise artwork as needed to produce a quality product.
- Prioritizes work orders, expediting orders that must be filled immediately.
- Ensures consistency of design with production, brand and quality standards.
- Verifies customer order size and written instructions match customer artwork.
- Examines the accuracy of the orders before processing.
- Proofreads/inspects the accuracy of completed work.
- Tracks and reports on all graphic work being completed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Steady, even pace to promote accuracy and quality of work.
- Technical, creative and analytical focus.
- Work within established systems, standards, and procedures.
- Helpful, supportive communication with management and peers.
- Collaborative approach in a structured environment.
- Leadership focused on consistent, accurate, quality work output.
- Supportive, non-threatening leadership style.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Arts or related field.
• 4+ years of previous graphic design experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient in Adobe Photo-Shop, Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, and Omax Software. Mac experience preferred.
• Experience with other design software. CNC Routing software experience preferred.
• High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
• Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
• Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
• Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
• Ability to work overtime as necessary.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
If you are a Graphic Designer that is interested in exploring this remote, as-needed basis role, click "Apply Now" and upload your resume and portfolio for immediate consideration.
IDL is an experiential retail agency that is part of SGK. SGK is a global leader in the design of high performance marketing ecosystems, the creation of content that scales consumer experiences with brands, and the integration of technologies to enable collaborative digital networks. SGK is a Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.