At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This individual is responsible to become a multi-skilled, independent and team-oriented analyst by rotating through the various Gas Supply and Transportation analyst positions. This individual must make decisions that affect PECO’s customers, the Purchased Gas Costs, and the financial well being of the corporation.
Note: Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24x7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
- Analyze and execute gas supply deals, contracts, tariffs, accounting transactions, billing, and accounts receivable.
- Generate revenue opportunities by pursuing off-system sales, asset management, and capacity release deals in support of the Top Line Growth initiative.
- Track all gas supply and transportation activities in gas management systems.
- Coordinate and plan for short and long term supply acquisition and transportation activities.
- Review, analyze, and create performance metrics related to gas supply and transportation.
- Support the filing of the 1307(f) Purchased Gas Cost Proceeding and other regulatory filings.
- Support business planning, budgeting, variance analysis, audit compliance, and reporting requirements.
Gas Supply and Transportation has several analyst positions that have been designated as rotational assignments. Individuals are expected to acquire skill and knowledge in three functional areas within the department: Acquisition, Scheduling, Planning, Contract Administration, and End-User Transportation. Each of the areas requires the ability to compile and analyze business data, understand operational priorities and make appropriate decisions with limited supervision. A Sr. Analyst is expected to recognize the impact of decisions on other parts of the organization, e.g., Customer & Marketing Services, Electric Supply & Transmission, and Finance to ensure integration of activities for the Company. The Sr. Analyst also represents the Company’s position when interfacing with external parties, e.g., pipelines, marketers, and regulatory agencies. A Sr. Analyst is expected to maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging interstate pipeline issues/projects on systems providing service to PECO Energy.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and 5-8 years of relevant experience, OR in lieu of a Bachelors degree, 9-12 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently or on a team managing projects with minimal supervision.
- PC skills: Knowledge of spreadsheets; Excel; Word; etc.
- Minimum 5 years job related experience.
- Excellent demonstrated skills in verbal and written communications.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with ability to handle multiple projects.
- Knowledge of gas tariffs.
- Knowledge of pipeline and storage operations.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor