At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
The base location is flexible among primary Exelon Utilities locations on the East Coast including Philadelphia, PA, Baltimore, MD, New Castle, DE or Washington, DC.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Participates and/or leads teams in studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning of Exelon’s electric transmission system. Coordinates with internal and external (PJM, ReliabilityFirst, local/state governing bodies, etc.) organizations in various transmission planning related activities. Trains and mentors others.
Transmission Reinforcement interfaces/coordinates with other Exelon engineering organizations (transmission, substation, relay, etc.) to develop innovative and cost-efficient projects to mitigate transmission system risks. Reinforcement prepares project alternatives, obtains/analyzes data for justification, and acquires funding for new projects. Transmission Reinforcement participates in various internal (project challenges/approvals) and external regulatory efforts to ensure projects are built to retain transmission system reliability.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Leads and performs assignments in specialized areas requiring extensive engineering expertise. Requiring maintaining state of the art engineering credential in the specialized technical area.
- Leads and performs engineering tasks and projects associated with a critical or analytical engineering project or a small number of complex projects that require specialized knowledge in many areas, may include field testing troubleshooting, and peer review.
- Evaluates, develops, implements and leads projects that have significant financial and operational impact, may also develop initial commissioning plans. Plans, writes and performs tasks for documentation deliverables and projects
- Participates in department planning, through field/site walkdowns, attend meetings/conference calls, provide budget recommendations and monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results.
- Performs assignments while acting independently, and may lead multi-discipline teams, may include providing direct oversight of contractors.
- Serves as an expert in specialized area.
- Acts as an expert witness or provide expert opinions as required.
- Provides recommendations to management and implements action plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
- Provides detailed technical training, mentorship, peer review, and/or guidance to others.
- Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of company interest, make recommendations for business decisions regarding strategy for new technologies and/or engineering techniques and tools.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices
- Eight or more years of professional engineering experience
- Thorough knowledge and experience in unique areas of engineering expertise
- Detailed knowledge of applicable standards, codes methods, and practices unique to areas of expertise
- Ability to apply advanced engineering principles to identify and resolve complex issues
- Minimum of three related career experiences (i.e., changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) OR
- Lead Member of a recognized industry committee OR
- Professional Engineer’s License, advanced technical degree, MBA or Project Management Certification
- Graduate degree or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or Project Management Certification
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A working knowledge of analysis software packages such as CYMDIST, PSS\E, TARA, Python, PSCAD, MATLAB, etc. to perform and analyze load flow modeling, contingency studies, and transfer analysis
- PROMOD experience preferred for Technical Studies
- Ability to analyze industry wide trends and implement enhancements
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor