As the Senior Director of Sales Finance, you will partner with leadership to drive the performance of the business. This position is responsible for managing national customers, developing insights and analysis which informs decision makers across the business. The Senior Director of Sales Finance will play a key role in creating strategies that grow Sales and Profit by: Customer, Channel, Brand and Geography. This role is the key finance support for the Chief Customer Officer.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Leadership to lead and define customer strategies and objectives that align with our overall business direction, quantify the value of opportunities, and ultimately assess progress against goals.
- Drive and influence customer bids in partnership with sales teams, expanding sales finance participation in large or complex bid reviews
- Understand the story behind the numbers and translate this into forward-looking narratives and forecasts which align with underlying business and market insights
- Identify and utilize the right data to help sales leaders see around corners and continue to grow the business with minimal disruption
- Provide economic and financial analysis to support pricing strategies and investment decisions
- Be responsible for understanding, forecasting and optimizing revenue across the business
- Partner with the Revenue Growth Management team to manage and optimize our trade strategies
- Own the analysis of volume, price and mix through period close reporting, quarter close reporting and annual operating plans. Clearly identify opportunities for improvement and highlight key risks and mitigation opportunities.
- Support Sr. Staff in the development of presentations and business review materials that highlight performance, bring clarity to key issues and support recommendations.
- Lead the development of rolling Sales forecasts.
- Provide customer, trade, product and related program investment analytics.
Bachelor's Degree Finance or Business-related field preferred. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- CPG, Food Service or DSD experience required.
- At least 10 years of progressive finance leadership in a large complex organization.
- MBA a plus but not required.
- Prior experience with the application of financial and accounting concepts, maintaining a strong internal control environment and executing fiduciary responsibilities.
- Comfortable leveraging data resources, BI tools and building financial / business models in MS Excel.
- Self-starter with ability to meet deadlines; well organized and detail oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills along with MS Powerpoint presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with ability to determine key issues and develop effective action plans.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to use a variety of communication methods on frequent basis.
- Use a notebook computer and standard office equipment printers, fax, phone etc.
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and have use of hand motor coordination regularly.
- Use various forms of transportation for extended periods of time on periodic basis.