Are you an expert marketer? Do you love to lead and develop talented people? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Respiratory and Immunology Therapeutic Area in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines for patients? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As Senior Director Marketing for a Respiratory Biologic product, you'll play a pivotal role in translating the science and driving innovation to make a positive impact on patients' lives. Our respiratory biologic is currently the #1 prescribed biologic for Eosinophilic Asthma in the US with growth into many other diseases where eosinophils play a major role. This is a leadership role with responsibility for cross-functional and senior level management.
In this role, you will lead creating critical commercial US deliverables including positioning, core creative materials and messaging, market research, and community contracting strategies. To succeed you will need to demonstrate a strong ability to think strategically, communicate effectively, lead others, problem solve, influence and collaborate in both scientific and commercial contexts.
What you'll do
- Drive the development of US Respiratory Biologic strategy and plans in coordination with the Executive Marketing Director.
- Lead execution of brand strategy with team and collaborating partners.
- Lead the Respiratory Biologic HCP marketing team, providing input and direction to overall brand strategy, ensuring strong cohesion across all customer segments
- Develop insight-based marketing strategy and omni-channel execution plan
- Responsible for leading the development of marketing key performance indicators and reporting to Executive leadership
- Develop multi-channel media measurement and analytics plans for on-going channel and creative optimization
- Lead and evaluate media campaigns across both traditional and digital mediums
- Manage to budget targets, and collaborate with business insights and analytics to ensure a strong evidence-based approach to support the delivery of core marketing materials
- Develop strong alliances with Medical, Insight, Patient Access Services, Market Access and Corporate Affairs for cross-functional planning and programs
- Be the face of the brand to the field force of over ~300 individuals
- Demonstrate strong people management skills in coaching and development
- Develop social media strategies and implementation across customer segments
- Bachelor's Degree (Business or Science focus preferred)
- Minimum 8 years pharmaceutical and/or consumer product goods marketing experience
- Knowledge of Respiratory, Specialty Product, Biologics, and/or Immunology or GI markets
- Excellent presentation skills and leadership presence
- Experience with collaboration, influencing without authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams & partners
- Requires approximately 10-20 % travel
- Experience in Respiratory, GI, or other biologic market places
- Understanding of Buy and Bill/Specialty Pharmacy
- Product launch experience
- CRM strategy experience
- Social/ Digital marketing experience
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what's next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook www.facebook.com/AstraZeneca/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram www.instagram.com/astrazeneca/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.