Ref ID: 03720-0011771811
Classification: Database Administrator
Robert Half Technology - Philadelphia is recruiting for a Sr. MS SQL Database Administrator in Wayne, PA for one of our top clients! This position is a full time/direct hire position.
This is a critical role driving technical innovation in healthcare while supporting our world class Platform, Data Services and Analytics solutions. This role will be collaborative across the full technical lifecycle from Architecture through service delivery of our database environments in hybrid cloud configuration. This role balances the needs of the day to day operations while contributing to our technical/product roadmaps.
- Provide technical leadership over the architecture, design and operations of our MS SQL environments
- Complete and oversee basic to complex database analysis, design and development efforts
- Develop plans for database implementation, data source integration and data archiving and recovery
- Contribute to advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state-of-the-art technical or industry knowledge
- Maintain a strong functional understanding of supported applications. Maintain a current understanding of the business environment supported to provide expert guidance for technical, business and operational impacts associated with a project or production problem
- Recommend MS SQL designs based on business requirements, technology roadmap, database functionality, knowledge of interfacing technology and clear understanding of expectations
- Evaluate and understand complex interrelationships and effects among MS SQL, interfacing applications and operating systems
- Provide thought leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of database technologies to assist business units in meeting strategic objectives
- Prepare thorough and clear technical specifications, and update systems, standards and database process documentation
- Prepare and review assessments to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for small to large size/risk scope project
- Build positive relationships by addressing business needs in a manner that safeguards our business and customers, with minimal complexity, risks and costs
- Build rapport within the organization and across other technical teams
- Assist with coordination of periodic disaster recovery exercises and remediate issues
- Assist others on project execution and production support for all applications and project sizes
- Work with internal and external application and technology stakeholders to review status of initiatives, compliance/regulatory changes, planned or potential vendor changes and contractual and/or system maintenance changes
- Ensure identification and resolution of issues and concerns related to discretionary enhancement requests, application reliability changes and/or production problem resolution.
- Identify new technology that increases technical support efficiency and effectiveness