Power up your career in the dynamic energy industry! UGI Corporation is an international energy distribution and services company that provides superior service in delivering a range of energy products. By operating as a best-in-class service provider, offering a great place to work, serving our communities and delivering value to investors, we aim to positively impact the lives of our shareholders, employees, customers and communities.
UGI Corporation (NYSE: UGI) is a holding company that distributes and markets energy products and services through our subsidiaries and the company’s common stock is a balanced growth and income investment. UGI Corporation has paid common dividends for more than 134 consecutive years.
In addition to a challenging career and competitive compensation, our employees enjoy:
Generous and Family-friendly Health & Welfare Benefits Including:
• Optional Health Savings Account
• Optional Dependent Care Savings Account
• Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
• Prescription Coverage
• Health Advocate
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Work from home policy
• Employee Assistance Program
Additional Benefits Include:
• 401K with a generous company match
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Assistance with Professional Credentialing
• Adoption Assistance
• Pet Insurance
• Referral Bonuses
• Onsite Deli
• Employee Discount Programs
Provide legal services to UGI Corporation (10%), UGI Utilities, Inc. (75%), UGI Energy Services, LLC (15%), and, from time to time, other subsidiaries of UGI Corporation.
At a level comparable or superior to an energy attorney with ten to fifteen years of experience in all or a material percentage of the following experience areas:
- Provide legal advice and representation to the Company’s utility and energy services businesses in a wide variety of state and federal energy regulatory matters before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (including developing of compliance strategies, formulating litigation and negotiation strategies, drafting testimony, marshaling and coordinating internal resources to prepare filings, attending and representing Company positions at hearings and negotiation sessions, and drafting pleadings and briefs), and managing outside counsel assisting in such tasks.
- Provide legal advice and representation to the Company’s utility and energy services business in matters involving state and local municipal law involving the Companies’ rights to access property to construct, operate and maintain facilities, to enter the public right of way, and other state and municipal law areas.
- Provide general legal services to UGI Utilities, Inc., and from time to time UGI Corporation and other UGI Corporation subsidiaries, including drafting and negotiating contracts with customers and vendors, drafting service agreements, and energy supply agreements, , corporate acquisitions or mergers, and other miscellaneous legal matters and managing outside counsel in such tasks.
- Represent the Utility’s interest in responding to incidents and related claims, including but not limited to on the ground emergency response, root cause analysis, and handling incident-related investigations by PA PUC, PHMSA, NTSB, or US OSHA and other related claims in conjunction with Chief Litigation Counsel.
- Provide legal advice to all UGI Corporation’s subsidiaries on derivatives law, assist with derivatives regulatory compliance, and from time to time participate in the negotiation of derivatives contracts.
- Represent the Utility’s interests with gas industry groups, particularly the American Gas Association’s and Energy Association of Pennsylvania and in those roles provide recommendations to the Company on policy initiatives, monitor regulatory developments, and comment on formal rulemakings
- JD from an accredited Law School
- Admission to state legal bar
- Satisfaction of Continuing Legal Education requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in legal practices related the Duties
- General legal skills, including advanced experience in regulatory law, municipal law and/or civil litigation, knowledge of general contract and business law, oral and written communication skills, legal drafting skills and negotiating skills. Knowledge of state and federal laws regulating the utility industry and understanding of the operation of gas and electric utilities and energy marketers;
- Track record for developing multi-variable business and legal strategies for clients in matters related to the Duties.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
UGI Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company maintains and observes employment policies that do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, age, ancestry and any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. This applies to recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classifications, work assignments, promotions, demotions, layoffs, terminations, transfers, and all other conditions of employment.