At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of contracting crews and/or craft union personnel engaged in the operation and maintenance of company electric facilities and equipment.
Project manages contractor scope, schedule and budget for the region
Manages resources in a manner that ensures the safe, efficient, economical and timely completion of work with high regard for customer satisfaction in accordance with strategic initiatives.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to, contractor safety, construction site management, scope change management, job progression, invoice approval, and construction guidelines.
Implements Company and departmental policies, initiatives, procedures & guidelines in order to satisfy corporate, business unit, municipal and regulatory requirements.
Maintains an environment that promotes safety, diversity, and high productivity.
This position requires 24-hour call responsibility and varied work schedules as required by business needs.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Plan, coordinate, and direct contractor crews and/or craft employees engaged in the execution of scheduled and emergent work activities, to assure the highest levels of customer services and maintenance crew utilization to achieve Exelon’s safety, reliability and performance goals.
- Active participant as project lead for construction activities performed by contractor workforces ensuring adherence to project budget, schedule, and scope by performing documented safety audits, verification of contractor job briefings and safety tailgates; Review contractor quality control plans and verify compliance; job hazard analysis plans and risk mitigation plans for commitment to safety, quality, scope adherence, and project budget.
- Promote and maintain an environment that fosters a high performance culture and a learning organization. Serves as a change agent for business initiatives and assures the human element is understood and considered. Provides timely recognition of employee contributions. Provide coaching, training, and evaluate employee performance. Assist in Root Cause Investigations (RCI), Apparent Case Evaluations (ACE) and /or Condition Report development as requested.
- Facilitates open and honest communication with staff. Assures that upward communication is integrated into the process, including employee concerns and complaints. Develop methods to assess communication effectiveness and implement continuous improvement initiatives. Establish, maintain and improve relationships with other departments in Exelon.
- Manage Union/management relationships and engage local union stewards to effectively facilitate the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Work within departmental budgets. Plan resource coverage and execute work activities directed at achievement of business plans and business unit objectives. May execute passport task progression and participate in PAR mtgs. as required.
- Coordinate emergency response to restore continuity of service to customers.
Directs the crews engaged in the execution of the preventative/corrective maintenance activities within assigned regional operating area. Provides input into the planning, implementation and execution of the C&M maintenance and reliability programs. Responsible for implementing labor strategies involving employees covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Determines manpower and equipment requirements necessary for scheduled and emergent operating work to ensure maximum utilization of construction crews.
Actions have direct impact on reliability and customer satisfaction goals, the public, political, and regulatory opinion of the company.
Regular contact with, C&M Managers, Dispatching, Operating Managers & Supervisors, work week managers, planners, local union stewards, and other employees of ComEd including community relations personnel, engineering, and energy services organizations. Other contacts include major industrial customers connected to ESS sites and various municipality organizations (fire, police etc).
- 5 - 8 years internal utility company experience (e.g., ComEd, PECO, PHI), or equivalent external experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating, construction work practices including Underground and/or Overhead as well as Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Demonstrated ability to support and enforce safe work behavior via knowledge of OSHA guidelines and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of regulatory issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of budget development and financial management.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills in a high performance culture.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies including technology and performance.
- Demonstrated business and utility financial acumen, customer awareness, and ability to create value.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or closely related discipline
- 4 or more years internal supervisory experience (e.g., ComEd, PECO, BSC, PHI, ExGen), or receive acceptable rating on Supervisory Assessment
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, MS Access and PassPort preferred
- PHI: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Access Passport and Adobe Writer
- PHI: Excellent oral and written communication skills
- PHI: Ability to develop and deliver presentations to an audience of contractor and/or Company personnel
- PHI: Ability to work through ambiguous situations and develop a plan to complete work on time and at budget
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor