The Senior Closing Manager is responsible for directly supporting the Consumer Direct Channel’s Director of Operations. Support includes assisting with the oversight and supervision of the department’s Loan Closing Managers and Loan Closers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor the Closing and Funding Teams’ overall production while evaluating opportunities to improve efficiencies, quality and maintaining compliance standards.
• Develop and implement procedures that will improve the functionality of all areas of closing and funding as they relate to compliance, production standards and adherence to federal, state and local regulations for Lending.
• Develop and monitor internal and external departmental SLA’s for the Closing and Funding functions.
• Develop and manage an effective Corrective Action Plan.
• Develop and support the Closing and Funding Team Managers to exceed production standards.
• Provide Closing and Funding Manager support – issues, loan level review, questions, interpretations.
• Analyze/Create departmental reporting and monitoring of workload to ensure balance and volume are solved for.
• Respond to IA, QA, QC, monthly audit findings Reports.
• Monitor and track the Closing and Funding Departments’ Audit findings and provide feedback and coaching.
• Work with the Training Department to develop and maintain training material for Closing and Funding.
• Maintain open lines of communication between all departments and departmental managers as it pertains to Closing and Funding.
• Oversee the recruiting, hiring and development of the Closing and Funding teams.
• Drive morale and provide support to departmental leaders.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication (verbal/written) and presentation skills required
• Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment required
• Strong knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulatory guidelines (RESPA and TILA/TRID, etc.)
• Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy
• Fluent in Microsoft Office programs with an emphasis on proficiency in Excel
• Ability to multi-task and lead multi-level teams
• Proficient experience with the Encompass LOS system preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• College degree preferred
• Five + years management experience
• Five + years of mortgage operations/closing/funding experience required (consumer direct and TPO)
• Knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements, GSE loan programs and mortgage documentation required
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATION
Willing and able to obtain SAFE licensing as requested by Company
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Community Loan Servicing is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.