With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Sr Analyst, Finance Business Partner, Global Commercial Operations will provide financial and operational support to the Global Commercial Development (GCD), Global Healthcare Policy and External Affairs (GHPEA) and Global Business Operations (GBO) functions to allow them to operate effectively and accurately. The incumbent will work closely with the Sr Mgr, Finance Bus Partner, Global ComOps to provide direction, understanding and implementation of globally aligned processes associated with:
- Assist with Budget and forecast creation and management operating expenses (OPEX)
- Coordination with the FP&A, ComOps team
- Analyzing and reporting on GCD, GBO, and GHPEA operational and fiscal performance operating expenses (OPEX)
This role will report into the Director, Finance BP, Global ComOps
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist in the preparation of timely, accurate and complete reporting outputs that communicate key highlights and business drivers impacting CSL’s commercial business. Responsibilities include compiling timely and accurate written narratives, partaking in oral presentations (as needed), as well as proactively investigating and providing meaningful analyses of key operational variances in operating expenses (OPEX) to support management decision making.
- The Sr. Analyst, Finance Business Partner, Global Commercial Operations will manage the budget creation phase utilizing optimized budgeting tools (e.g. BPC). This includes ensuring that budgets are created and maintained accurately and consistently for Global Commercial Development (GCD), Global Healthcare Policy and External Affairs (GHPEA) and Global Business Operations (GBO) functions cost centers/depts. This will require collaboration, and challenging of underlying assumptions, with a number of stakeholders across these organizations.
- The Sr. Analyst, Finance Business Partner, Global Commercial Operations will maintain a strong relationship with FP&A ComOps Finance to ensure that budget and forecast submission timetables and processes are clearly understood. The Sr Analyst, Finance Business Partner, Global Commercial Operations will be responsible for sharing these timetables with internal stakeholders.
- Support the Sr. Manager, Finance Bus Partner, Global ComOps in the development of assumption-based budget models across GCD, GHPEA, and GBO.
- Support the Sr. Manager, Finance Bus Partner, Global ComOps in any ad-hoc analysis including by not limited to global plasma economics, short-term and long-term product and market forecasting and pricing processes.
- Reconcile and recommend process improvements within spend tracking for functional leads.
- Serve as support for GCD, GBO, and GHPEA staff members who have budget or expense queries and be responsible for escalating any issues to the Sr Mgr, Finance Bus Partner, Global ComOps.
- Assist with the implementation of technology advancements/innovation that will enable the Global Commercial Operations Finance team and Affiliates to more effectively manage key financial planning and analysis processes.
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 3-5 years' experience in accounting and finance
- Knowledge of financial analytics and planning
- Experience with BI, SAP ERP, SAP BPC, and other EPM software required.
- Ensures cross-functional data from different sources is accurate and consistent
- Challenges and qualifies business partner assumptions
- Able to present compelling arguments to support positions using data, facts and sound assumptions.
- Generates multiple options to solve a problem and delivers insightful business scenarios via stories that successfully convey product or service value
- Pioneers Big Data and Artificial Intelligence applications to solving business problems
- Presents complex findings using compelling visual aids
- Articulates views in a clear and concise manner while listening to feedback, is sensitive to cross cultural differences, and provides persuasive messages using well-reasoned arguments to address audience concerns or reactions
- Establishes productive relationships, builds trust with business partners, and pushes the thinking of internal business partners
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Strong skills in MS EXCEL, Word, PowerPoint