Biogensys is seeking applications for the temporary position of Specialized Infection Control Nurse at our client location in New Castle, DE.
This is a 6+ months of temporary assignment.
Duties and Skills:
Develops, implements, and continually monitors the infection control policies and procedures for all departments.
· Provides physicians and staff with updates of infection control policy changes.
· Investigates outbreaks or clusters of infections. Monitors, analyzes, and interprets bacteriology reports and infection statistics, recommends appropriate control measures to prevent dissemination of resistant microorganisms and pathogens.
· Consults with physicians, managers, and staff for the management of infectious and/or immuno-suppressed patients.
· Collaborates with local and state health departments in the prevention, control, and appropriate reporting of communicable diseases.
· Implements a surveillance system for detecting and monitoring hospital-acquired and community infections.
· Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Communicates with all personnel and medical staff regarding the interpretation, enforcement of, and compliance with Infection Control Program policies, practices, and procedures
· Participates in ongoing infection control educational programs for new and existing employees, including Flu, TB, HIV/Hep/Universal Precautions.
· Chairs Infection Control Committee and participates in clinical committees or task groups throughout the organization.
- Possession of a Delaware Registered Nurse license OR multi-state compact license.
- At least six months experience in providing vaccinations/injections to infants, children, and adults.
· 7am to 3:30pm or 8am to 4:30pm