Do you aspire to help children with diverse challenges build skills for their future? Are you ready to make a real impact in their lives? As a Special Education Teacher at Bancroft, you will draw upon a wealth of curriculum and clinical resources to design individualized student goals.
Empower Students Through Teachable Moments
The Bancroft School is the leading provider in the area of special education for children and young adults. Working here is an unparalleled opportunity to advance your professional career while empowering individuals with autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities to realize their best lives.
How You Can Make a Real Impact:
- Assess students’ individual abilities and create customized lessons plans
- Address specific Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) and encourage skill-building
- Review IEPs to ensure goals are appropriate and recommend modifications
- Provide training for parents, in the classroom and at home
- Utilize Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) principles throughout the educational experience of the people we serve
- Communicate with students, families, and guardians
We’re Hiring Compassionate Team Members Who:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- Are eligible for teaching certification, such as “NJ Teacher of Students with Disabilities” or “Teacher of the Handicapped”
- Are eligible for highly-qualified Teacher status
- Have effective teaching, facilitation, and communications skills
- At least one year of experience teaching Special Education
- Knowledge of teaching methods designed for students with learning, physical, and behavior disabilities
For information about New Jersey certifications please visit the NJ DOE Licensing and Certification FAQ Website: https://www.nj.gov/education/license/faq.htm
What You’ll Love About Bancroft:
- Meaningful Purpose: We truly make a difference in the lives of our students, and it inspires us to be better teachers.
- Lasting Bonds: We are a close-knit, committed team who feel like a second family
- Personal Growth: There are opportunities to learn and build skills, professional development, career advancement, tuition assistance, and loan repayment programs
- Outstanding Benefits: We offer competitive salaries, retirement savings program, generous paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and more
What May Challenge You:
- Every hour of each day is different
- Working with students with behavioral and other challenges can be physically, mentally, and emotionally tough
At Bancroft, you’ll do more than just make an impact. We are a care team of 2,700 employees across 200+ facilities and homes in NJ, PA, and DE committed to making a lasting difference in the lives of the people we serve and their loved ones. Together, we work diligently and compassionately, to improve the lives of the people we serve. Find your purpose and more at Bancroft.
Real Life. Real Purpose.
Ability to successfully clear a pre-employment drug test, criminal background check and other onboarding requirements is required.
Bancroft is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and supports diversity, equity and inclusion in its hiring and employment practices, so that every team member can feel a true sense of belonging, and maximize their unique potential. To this end, all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.