Special Educator – Paraprofessional 1:1 Student Aid
Come on board with GHR to help the students of the Springfield School district transition back to in person learning during this difficult time.
Special education paraprofessionals assist students with special needs under the direction of a certified teacher. Paraprofessionals generally work in an inclusionary setting (i.e. least restrictive environment). The special education paraprofessional assists the teacher in general daily classroom activities, help special needs students, and cares for their physical, emotional health and safety, affirming their abilities, and striving to promote dignity in all relationships.
Basic Function/ Purpose
• working 1-on-1 with a student with special needs
• To assist, support, and work closely with teachers, administrators, and other team members in
• providing a quality instructional program to continuously improve student achievement
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Effectively observes assigned work hours.
• Maintains a pattern of prompt and regular attendance.
• Follows the daily schedule as prescribed.
• Adjusts to work assignments and/or schedule changes.
• Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by the teacher.
• Provides extra assistance to students with exceptionalities, such as non-English-speaking students or those with physical and/or mental disabilities, and 504 Plans.
• Assists as directed by the supervising teacher in the effort to successfully maintain students with special needs in an integrated setting, as determined by the I.E.P. team.
• Assists the teacher in preparing materials and equipment for direct instructional activity,
• including locating, copying, collating, distributing and/or grouping materials to support instructional activities planned by the teacher.
• Performs assigned non-instructional classroom duties, such as snack time, toileting , class change and clothing routines.
• Serves as a source of information and assists any substitute teacher assigned to the class.
• Maintains a cooperative working relationship with Principal, supervising teacher, students, parents, staff and public.
• Participates in professional learning activities which align with school improvement goals.
• Participates in staff development opportunities provided by the district
• Demonstrates a positive attitude toward work assignment.
$15/hr with full benefits
$100 referral bonus
Please call Danielle at 484-567-9442 if you would like more information
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $15.00 per hour