Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Software Test Engineer for a CONTRACT assignment with one of our premier Financial Services clients in Philadelphia, PA.
- develop automated and manual test suites and perform and report on various types of tests including functional, integration, system, regression and/or performance.
- recommend analytical and technical testing techniques and architecting complex test automation frameworks.
- Also, provide software testing information upon which management can make informed quality decisions about an application under test.
- The Software Automated Test Engineer evaluates software performance and current test methodologies, recommends process improvements, and translates functional and technical requirements into comprehensive test scripts.
- This role is responsible for managing defects and collaborating with development staff to resolve issues by recording, reporting, analyzing, and tracking defects to resolution.
- Develops test automation suites under new or existing framework for UI and API testing
- Designs and maintains testing process documentation, plans, and strategies
- Analyzes testing processes and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Consults with development teams to identify, reproduce, resolve and retest defects
- Performs database queries and verifies data results
- Performs test data analysis and drives the setup and verification of test data
- Participates in requirements gathering sessions and converts requirements into comprehensive test scripts
- Plans and estimates testing efforts in collaboration with project management/agile teams Provides testing status information to management/agile teams.
- Must have recent/current minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience developing Selenium/Java automation and enabling Continuous Testing in a CI/CD pipeline.
- Must have experience creating a BDD/keyword test automation framework and be able to use and maintain existing testing frameworks (custom-built) based on latest industry technologies.
- 5+ years' experience with software testing and 4 year college degree (preferably computer software related) (required)
- 5+ years of hands-on development of automated software test suites (required)
- Knowledge and experience using various development and testing tools that include but are not limited to:
- Selenium Webdriver (required),
- Java (required),
- Jenkins, Maven, GIT/GITHUB (required),
- SQL (required),
- ALM Quality Center (required),
- Cucumber (required), o JIRA/Xray (desired),
- Must be fluent in understanding/using tools for version management and CI/CD pipeline such as GIT, Jenkins, Maven (required)
- Must be able to adopt existing tools, procedures, and best practices for automated UI testing
- Experience developing and executing automated (UI, API) and manual/exploratory test cases (required)
- Experience with relational databases and writing SQL queries/ability to query the database using SQL Server Management (required)
- Ability to test web services (required)
- Good understanding and experience with Scaled Agile Framework (required)
- Mobile Automation Tools
- Performance tools such as Jmeter and Loadrunner (desired),
- Experience with testing batch processes and Rest API
- Perform configuration of run time environments for testing tools
- Proficiency with knowledge transfer/coaching other automation engineers
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com .
- provided by Dice