Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
The Consumer Lending team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. The vision for the Consumer Lending business is to leverage technology and data to make it simple for customers to easily access credit when and where they need it. Consumer Lending serves customers across the country through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking branches and Home Lending offices as well as online and digital channels.
The candidate will be responsible for helping support and build Consumer Lending Java middleware applications for multiple lines of business, including Credit and Retail Card. They will assist in supporting existing services as well as designing and implementing new business solutions, providing application deployment guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. This individual will work with technical leads, business analysts, system analysts, DBA's, infrastructure and other cross-department teams to evaluate business needs and provide end-to-end technical solutions.
Additional daily tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Closely partnering with Product Managers, Architects and Engineers on application definition, design, development, integration, testing and support of reliable and reusable Java software solutions.
- Analyzing highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications for middleware.
- Independent Hands-on Development - Maintains existing applications, and develops new, highly complex original code while practicing test-driven development and taking end-to-end ownership of your part of the functionality.
- Modernization - Building micro services in the time to market space and implementing microservices using test-driven development and taking end-to-end ownership of your part of the functionality.
- Acting as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts and provides coding direction to less experienced staff.
- Working with team members to provide insight into solving complex problems with middleware while leveraging enterprise and industry best practices (including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility).
- Working with Site Reliability Engineering and Performance Testing teams to conduct integrated (application and database) stress testing, performance analysis and tuning.
- Support systems testing and migration of platforms and applications to production. This includes after hours and weekend support during releases.
- Developing new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Ensuring quality, security and compliance requirements are met.
- Work within our existing frameworks, but help improve them by staying current with latest engineering practices, architecture and database technologies to improve software quality, efficiency and ease of use.
- Accurately estimate software development, testing, deployment and conversion time-frames.
- Actively listen to and cooperatively work with other internal team members in order to contribute positively to updates and changes to the application.
- Act as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 7 + years of Core Java experience
- 5 + years of J2EE experience
- 4+ years of JDBC experience
- 4+ years of Spring experience
- 5+ years of experience working with Relationship Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- 4+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- 2+ years of experience in microservices development
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 3+ years of technical and business architecture experience
- 2+years of Mongo DB experience
- 1+ year of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud computing, PaaS design principles and micro services and containers
- Knowledge and understanding of public and private cloud integration with AWS, IAAS, Asure or Google
- Experience applying new technologies to business needs in a technologically innovative , change-driven organization
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of all phases of project development and testing lifecycle
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to mentor and train less senior staff
- Knowledge and understanding of test driven application development
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
TX-Irving: 6051/6061 N State Hwy 161 - Irving, TX
PA-Philadelphia: 101 N Independence Mall E - Philadelphia, PA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.