Software Engineer Trainer
1 year contract
Location: Horsham, PA or Eden Prairie, MN – no preference of either, remote for now, but will be onsite and travel eventually – likely around April 2021
Needs an experienced software engineer with microservices, APIs, and Kafka experience to train Software Engineers on various teams. Initially, the training will be provided remotely, eventually it will move to in-person.
This is 100% training, will be hands-on to provide support and guidance.
For Engine Enablement- the teams develop tools and accelerators for microservices and other areas. They create bootcamps around those principles and use engineers for training, The tooling team is building the tools out – these bootcamps highlight 3 areas: microservices, Kafka, and Angular; there are 100s+ more bootcamps surrounding microservices.
Finding engineers that can train, must be hands-on to help engineers work through issues. They have the content, it could be matured if this person wanted to add/modify things. Needs someone who can own facilitation of the classes and planning.
Using curriculum and content to teach a highly collaborative team. Provide opportunities for trainees to learn from each other and from other developers in Engineering.
- Teach classes for experienced software engineers specific to Microservices, Kafka and Angular
- Introduce new technologies to Engineers, expand their existing skillsets and prepare them to deliver superior technology solutions.
- Manage and oversee bootcamp students/participants (engineers).
- Deliver training courses to Engineers.
- Provide assistance as needed in developing training curriculum content.
- Keep software skills current with new products and releases that support training responsibilities.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the technologies and how they are currently used to work across the lines of business
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle of the training tools, from understanding the functional requirements through to coding, deployment, and maintenance