Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for creation, maintenance and deployment of claims rulesets using Progress Software's Coritcon rules engine
- Works closely with business partners to implement process and rule changes as operationally needed
- Work directly with developers to mentor and model best practices in software development
- Mentor and train other engineers throughout the company and seek to continually improve processes company-wide
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions and determine best design for implementation
- Support changes and fixes to the claims code base, as needed
- Responsible for development and maintenance of key Claims functionality
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience using .NET Software Development (C#, VB.NET, MS SQL), Azure Service Bus, Azure Functions development
- Experience with Rules Engine processing, preferably with Progress Software's Corticon rules engine
- Proficient with database technologies including MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, etc.
- Agile SDLC experience including story breakdown and story estimation
- Experience related to the design, development, maintenance or protection of technology systems
- Familiarity with basic software design principles
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, Jira and Confluence skills
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer, Rules Engine Processing, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home