Description: Our client is currently seeking a Software Engineer 3
Position: Software Engineer 3
Location: 100% Remote
Duration: 7+ months with possible extension
Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
Performs software project management and software supplier management functions.
Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics.
Executes and documents software research and development projects.
Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under general direction.
• Describe the project they will be working on: Develop a C-17 virtual reality (VR) training device to support improving efficiency and quality of student learning.
• Size of the Team: 7
• Main job responsibilities: Develop virtual reality content in Unity 3D, C#, translating objectives from the C-17 syllabus to immersive content. Support development of additional software features, such as “quizzing” and linkage to a learning records store (LRS). Knowledge of conventional training simulators, C++, is a plus.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Top 3-5 Skills needed to perform this role/job:
- Video game programming experience, Unity 3D (Game Engine), C#, preferred, but Unreal skills are applicable.
- 3+ years’ of work experience with software design, development, debugging, and performing software integration and test.
- Communicates well with fellow developers on team and key stakeholders to understand design requirements.
- Excels at working in agile software development environment, including extreme and paired programming, with a focus on automated processes.
• Type of background you are looking for (education, # yrs experience, etc.): Holds a Technical Bachelor's, Master's or a PhD degree (A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study). ~3 years of experience.
• Software skills required: C#, C++
Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]