As Senior Software Engineer in the ICS team, you will be responsible for a suite of tools that enable automation and work flow for our business and by extension our customers.
You’ll help other teams with faster delivery of reliable, performant, and scalable software products. In addition to bringing your own software development expertise, you’ll be working with and mentoring colleagues at all levels and helping us design and deliver next-generation platforms for successful projects. You’ll be mentoring developers, working with stakeholders to understand their requirements, and helping design and build new and improved systems to ensure service security – understanding emerging API security standards and thinking about how to secure our services today and into the future.
Document Solicitation Portal offers a highly reliable, scalable and secured document distribution & execution platform for our business team and their clients. This web application is a front-end with back-end services that provide management of the solicitation document process as well as provide a place for clients to see the current status of in-progress work with our business partners. This team / development project will be assisting in creating a common framework and tool set for all of ICS now and for the future -- helping to create a platform of software that all of ICS can leverage.
We’re a supportive, collaborative team that believes in mentoring and supporting all our colleagues. We’ve adopted lightweight agile processes that we apply to improve the way we all work together.
We believe we can deliver excellent service and products without taking ourselves too seriously. It’s okay to find joy and humor in our work.
- We treat customers as collaborators rather than as tickets to be closed.
- We value the curiosity to deeply understand other points of view; understanding more perspectives helps us make better decisions.
- We value getting a usable and working solution in front of customers quickly to get feedback so we can iterate and refine over holding out for a perfect solution later.
- We value leadership through service; we get ahead by helping others succeed.
- We value mistakes as an opportunity to learn. We view all mistakes as owned by the team as a whole, and seek to learn and improve from the mistakes we make.
- We value actively and humbly seeking honest feedback.
- We value an open and transparent channel of communication with all members of the team, regardless of their title and expertise.
- We value context and responsibility over management approval and supervision.
- We value diversity of opinion over group consensus.
- We value using good enough open source software over perfect commercial software.
- We value attitude over aptitude; no genius jerks allowed.
- We value making decisions with research and reason over tradition or fear; we are fans of the scientific method.
- During technical discussions, no one has a title.
- We value being able to pursue a plan together over everyone agreeing that the plan is the best one.
- We happily teach others the things we have learned.
- We recognize that discrimination exists throughout our society in structural ways. We seek to build systems that are inclusive and avoid using hurtful language.
- Writing tested, production-ready application code.
- Pairing and collaborating with peers.
- Writing appropriate levels of documentation.
- Participating in joint design and architecture sessions.
- Building effective deployment and monitoring systems.
- Operating and supporting production environments (including on-call support).
- Performing code reviews.
- Participating in software release and deployment activities.
- Coordinating constructively with other team members and external teams.
Education and Experience Required :
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree and 5 years’ systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 7 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 5 years’ systems analysis/application development experience
- Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent project management, word processing and spreadsheet software
- Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature
- Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with prior experience presenting to the target audience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong lateral thinking skills
- Experience coordinating between Applications and business units
- Experience recommending and implementing systems solutions
- Experience driving project milestones and delivery dates
5+ years of relevant work experience, including programming experience.
Experience outside of the banking/financial industry a plus
We favor experience in multiple languages over expertise in any given language. However; in this role, experience in Angular, .Net/C#, OIDC/OAuth, SAML, OpenShift, Azure, Application monitoring, issue triaging is most likely to be helpful to the team.
An understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
Experience with high-scale, distributed web service development (hands-on experience with RESTful web services)
Windows background: facility with command command-line utilities; familiarity with system administration tools and concepts a plus.
Experience with designing solutions with hybrid on prem and Cloud architecture.
Experience integrating Open Source tools and libraries to build complete solutions.
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols, especially TLS and HTTP.
Familiarity with data serialization formats like XML, JSON and protocol buffers
We’re interested in attracting a diverse set of candidates for this position. If you’re not sure if you qualify, please err on the side of applying
We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality—to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Wilmington, Delaware, United States of America