Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
Credit Cards, Retail, and Merchant Services Technology (CRMST) is a technology arm of Consumer Lending Technology (CLT) that executes the Wells Fargo Technology strategy and offers a strategic technology perspective to Credit Card and Retail businesses. Our teams provide technology solutions to the businesses and manage the application portfolios through the skills, stability, security, scalability, speed, and satisfaction as enablers.
The candidate will be responsible for helping support and build operational Data Store and support application API's for multiple lines of business, including Credit Card. They will assist in supporting existing services as well as designing and implementing new business solutions, providing application deployment guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools, and existing designs. This individual will work with technical leads, business analysts, system analysts, DBA's, infrastructure, and other cross-department teams to evaluate business needs and provide end-to-end technical solutions.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Closely partner with projects, Business Analysts, and Developers on application definition, design, development, integration, testing, and support of reliable and reusable Java software solutions.
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications for use by microservices via API(s).
- Independent Hands-on Development - Maintain existing services and applications, and develop new, highly complex original code while practicing test-driven development and taking end-to-end ownership of your part of the functionality.
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation, and analysis efforts and provide coding direction to less experienced staff.
- Work with team members to provide insight into solving complex problems with middleware while leveraging enterprise and industry best practices (including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility).
- Test-driven development - Verify system logic by unit testing and debugging during development and QA cycles.
- Work with QA teams to conduct integrated (application and database) stress testing, performance analysis, and tuning.
- Support systems testing and migration of platforms and applications to production. This includes after hours and weekend support typically four times per year (quarterly).
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures, and user guides.
- Ensure quality, security, and compliance requirements are met.
- Work within our existing frameworks but help improve them by staying current with J2EE development, architecture and database technologies to improve software quality, efficiency, and ease of use.
- Accurately estimate software development, testing, deployment, and conversion timeframes.
- Actively listen to and cooperatively work with other internal team members in order to contribute positively to updates and changes to the application.
- Act as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting.
- Assure quality, security, and compliance requirements are met.
This position can be based at the Wells Fargo site location in Chandler/Phoenix (AZ), Philadelphia (PA), Irving/Dallas (TX).
This position is NOT ELIGIBLE for relocation assistance. Prospective candidates should reside in and/or around the target site location or be able to commute to the site for employment.
This is a full-time opportunity with a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits package including a generous PTO program, and many other benefits. For additional benefit information visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of Java experience
- 3+ years of Spring framework experience such as Spring Boot
- 3+ years of microservices development experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with FDR and related Credit Card data and processes
- Agile experience
- Ability to manage complex data collection and analysis activities including conducting extensive source-to-target mapping exercises
- Knowledge and understanding of complex enterprise systems and frameworks including frontends, middleware, services layer, database, backend and downstream interfaces
- Knowledge and understanding of creation of sequence diagrams and web service level data mapping
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to mentor and train less senior staff
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 3+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 3+ years of technical and business architecture experience
- Experience applying new technologies to business needs in a technologically innovative , change-driven organization
- Knowledge and understanding of test driven application development
- Knowledge and understanding of public and private cloud integration with AWS, IAAS, Asure or Google
- Knowledge and understanding of all phases of project development and testing lifecycle
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with one or more Agile tools used for tracking user stories or backlogs, such as VersionOne and JIRA
- 3+ years of experience with Kafka and PubSub patterns tools
- 3 + years of experience working with large data sets
- 1+ years of experience with encryption/decryption and transfer of data
- 1+ year of API Gateway engineering experience such as DataPower, Apigee, MuleSoft
- 3+ years MongoDB development experience
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
PA-Philadelphia: 101 N Independence Mall E - Philadelphia, PA
TX-Irving: 6051/6061 N State Hwy 161 - Irving, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.