Software Engineer - Plymouth meeting PA area
Our client is a well-established small company that provides testing instrumentation to many industries including aerospace, electronics, transportation, medical, semiconductor, marine and civil engineering. They use great technologies such as laser cameras, holography, robotics, motion control and sensors. This is a great opportunity for a senior to intermediate level computer software engineer to play a big part in development efforts.
The selected candidate will have proficiency in C++, C and/or C#. Must be able to develop GUI’s for Windows and applications software to interface with various devices, instruments and sensors. Work directly with electrical and mechanical engineers to bring several components together in a nondestructive test system that interfaces with various sensors and I/O’s. Be part of a great team developing new and updating legacy systems.
- · Programming expertise with C++ (C# and C are highly desired)
- · Develop software, algorithms and MS Visual Studio GUIs in Windows, create Windows applications and DLLs in WIN32 and MFC and Windows forms.
- · Create applications using mixed WIN32 and CLR code, create 32 and 64-bit apps and DLLs
- · Experience with file I/O’s, pipes, IPC, threads, thread synchronization.
- · Proficiency with image processing, image display, image acquisition, cameras, frame grabbers, or image analysis software would be a plus
- · Communications standards such as RS-232, RS-485, IEE-488, USB, TCP/IP, MQTT
- · Integration of hardware and software for machine controls using windows platforms
- · Digital and analog hardware
- · PCI bus based hardware
- · Robotic interfaces
- · 8051 microcontroller programming
- · Background in physics and some understanding of electronics
- · Laser understanding