Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The candidate will be responsible for helping support and build Operational Data Store and support application API's for multiple lines of business, including Credit Card. They will assist in supporting existing services as well as designing and implementing new business solutions, providing application deployment guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. This individual will work with technical leads, business analysts, system analysts, DBA’s, infrastructure and other cross-department teams to evaluate business needs and provide end-to-end technical solutions.
Additional daily tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Closely partnering with projects, Business Analysts and Developers on application definition, design, development, integration, testing and support of reliable and reusable Java software solutions.
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications for use by microservices via API(s).
- Independent Hands-on Development - Maintains existing services and applications, and develops new, highly complex original code while practicing test-driven development and taking end-to-end ownership of your part of the functionality.
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts and provides coding direction to less experienced staff.
- Work with team members to provide insight into solving complex problems with middleware while leveraging enterprise and industry best practices (including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility).
- Test-driven development: Verify system logic by unit testing and debugging during development and QA cycles.
- Work with QA teams to conduct integrated (application and database) stress testing, performance analysis and tuning.
- Support systems testing and migration of platforms and applications to production. This includes after hours and weekend support typically four times per year (quarterly).
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides .
- Ensure quality, security and compliance requirements are met.
- Work within our existing frameworks, but help improve them by staying current with J2EE development, architecture and database technologies to improve software quality, efficiency and ease of use.
- Accurately estimate software development, testing, deployment and conversion time-frames.
- Actively listen to and cooperatively work with other internal team members in order to contribute positively to updates and changes to the application.
- Act as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- 1+ year of Agile experience
- 1+ year of experience with in-memory databases such as Redis, MongoDB, or Cassandra
- 2+ years of Java experience
- 1+ years of experience with Spring, Spring Batch, and Spring Boot
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of complex enterprise systems and frameworks including frontends, middleware, services layer, database, backend and downstream interfaces
- Knowledge and understanding of creation of sequence diagrams and web service level data mapping
Other Desired Qualifications
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 1+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- Knowledge and understanding of public and private cloud integration with AWS, IAAS, Asure or Google
- Experience applying new technologies to business needs in a technologically innovative , change-driven organization
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of all phases of project development and testing lifecycle
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.